Looking for super ultra budget portable DAP/MP3 lossless player
Mar 12, 2018 at 10:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

nxnje

500+ Head-Fier
Hello,
I hope this is the correct section to post what i'm gonna ask.

In 2 weeks it will be my bday and so i'm gonna have (even if just a few) money to get a little portable player for when i'm out.
When i'm at home i always use my superlux hd681F plugged into a Presonus Audiobox iONE and i always enjoy listening to music, tracking and monitoring my mixes when i produce my own music.
When i'm out, i use MEMT x5 as daily driver, but i'm gonna buy some good iem from kz when they come out, i think some multiple drivers IEM.

I'm now a bit annoyed in carrying always my phone and listening to music, reducing its battery .. it's even uncomfortable to bring it out from the jeans to change a track and so i thought buying a dedicated player would be a good idea. I saw many cheap stuff like Benjie s5, iqq and so on..
I'm here now to get some advices about a lossless player i can buy within the 30€ price range.
What can u tip me?
4 important things for me :
- good quality, i prefer flat sound with an eq
- sturdy, so not bad build as i'm carrying it to the university
- fast navigation (saw online players like the xduooo x2 are really slow in skipping in the menu through options and tracks
- external sd slot to increase memory.

Waiting for some advices, thank you in advance.

May 28, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #2 of 10
Hello,
I hope this is the correct section to post what i'm gonna ask.

In 2 weeks it will be my bday and so i'm gonna have (even if just a few) money to get a little portable player for when i'm out.
When i'm at home i always use my superlux hd681F plugged into a Presonus Audiobox iONE and i always enjoy listening to music, tracking and monitoring my mixes when i produce my own music.
When i'm out, i use MEMT x5 as daily driver, but i'm gonna buy some good iem from kz when they come out, i think some multiple drivers IEM.

I'm now a bit annoyed in carrying always my phone and listening to music, reducing its battery .. it's even uncomfortable to bring it out from the jeans to change a track and so i thought buying a dedicated player would be a good idea. I saw many cheap stuff like Benjie s5, iqq and so on..
I'm here now to get some advices about a lossless player i can buy within the 30€ price range.
What can u tip me?
4 important things for me :
- good quality, i prefer flat sound with an eq
- sturdy, so not bad build as i'm carrying it to the university
- fast navigation (saw online players like the xduooo x2 are really slow in skipping in the menu through options and tracks
- external sd slot to increase memory.

Waiting for some advices, thank you in advance.
Hello, sorry for the late reply. I have Zishan Z1 with powerful DAC chipset inside that just around $25 dollar I bought. You might looking for it if you interested.
So what DAP have been you using right now?

May 28, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #3 of 10
Hello, sorry for the late reply. I have Zishan Z1 with powerful DAC chipset inside that just around $25 dollar I bought. You might looking for it if you interested.
So what DAP have been you using right now?
I was using a Benjie S8 which was great but had some electric POP POP disturbs when jack was touchinf the outer metal shell with certain cables.
Now wondering if that's worth going for a Fiio M3K.
I know that zishan as well as the Walnut V2. But they don't have a display unfortunately.

Jun 4, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #4 of 10
How about the Zishan Z3? A little over your budget, but real bang for the buck.

And it has a screen. :)

Jun 4, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #5 of 10
The best bet is likely to watch the "for sale" threads here and grab a used M6 or something similar. Trying to fit your list in 30 Euro for a new DAP is going to leave few options.

Jun 4, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #6 of 10
Heard that Zishan Z3 heats a lot and that it needs op replacements to work at its best.
I do not pretend, however, the best quality ever, just another alternative to my old benjie s5 and benjie s8

Jun 8, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #7 of 10
Benjie T6
Benjie S8

but you already have the S8, right?

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #8 of 10
Benjie T6
Benjie S8

but you already have the S8, right?
Yea. Benje S5 and S8 were the two I've got in my pocket everyday. But when connected to a custom cable I had some electrical "pops" in the IEMs, it seems like the outer shell of the player is not well insulated and that's a big con for me, I always move around in the city and I want something little, cheap and functional. The S5 would have been perfect. I have swapped 4 of em, and 3 s8 from amazon, didn't get a single one with a good insulated outer metal shell.

Jun 10, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #9 of 10
Yea. Benje S5 and S8 were the two I've got in my pocket everyday. But when connected to a custom cable I had some electrical "pops" in the IEMs, it seems like the outer shell of the player is not well insulated and that's a big con for me, I always move around in the city and I want something little, cheap and functional. The S5 would have been perfect. I have swapped 4 of em, and 3 s8 from amazon, didn't get a single one with a good insulated outer metal shell.
That's unfortunate.

I have had an S5 for several years and have never had a problem. I use it all the time. Are you sure the problem isn't your cable?

Jun 11, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #10 of 10
That's unfortunate.

I have had an S5 for several years and have never had a problem. I use it all the time. Are you sure the problem isn't your cable?
Yea. Tried 5-6 different cables and the issue never disappeared :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back