Looking for Something Comparable to Monster Turbine Pro Gold
Jul 13, 2012 at 4:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Zoomer13

Head-Fier
As the title suggests, I quite enjoy the sound signature of my set of Monster's Turbine Pro Gold IEMs....basically, I want that sort of sound in a set of full-size cans, mostly for my desktop (powered by a Fiio E9 Desktop amp), but would be nice if it wasn't too clunky to drag around with me for use with my ipod (which would be hooked to a Fiio E6 portable amp).

I have had the aforementioned Turbines for about 3 years, and the Beyerdynamic DT990s I'm currently using on my desktop for about 2, though at this point I'm noticing some annoying distortion on the left side.

The Turbine's actually seem to be holding up better, besides some aesthetic stuff starting to break. My playback is handled by Foobar2000, running almost exclusively FLAC or ALAC rips. This runs from my X-Fi Titanium to my E9, then to the DT990s (for the moment).

For reference, I tend to listen to a range of rock/alternative (spanning from somewhat punchier fare like Linkin Park and System of a Down to more mellow folky tunes from the likes of The Decemberists and Mumford and Sons), as well as some electronic (which can include Hardcore, Drum and Bass, and the occasional dubstep).

I won't be getting anything new just yet, but was wondering what you guys could come up with for me. If it comes down to it being that I should just grab some Beat Pros or something, so be it. Also, I will PROBABLY grab an E17 DAC to hook into the E9 at some point in the future. 

Jul 13, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #2 of 2
Okay, posted in the main reccomendation thread. Sorry about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back