Looking For Some Starter IEM's? Any help is appreciated!
Mar 4, 2013 at 7:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Lost Dark Soul

New Head-Fier
Well I'm currently using the Klipsch S4's, I'm pretty much a basshead lol(I have a nice car audio setup right now). I want more punch than Klipsch S4; however a better overall comfort, sound quality,& build quality. these will be my first high end IEM or first CIEM (1964ears). 

I was interested in these IEM's:

Shure SE215LTD Enhanced Bass: http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SE215LTD-Isolating-Earphones-Enhanced/dp/B009ZNFEEU/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1362443026&sr=8-15&keywords=iem

Westone 4R: http://www.amazon.com/Westone-WST-WESTONE4R-4R/dp/B0064ACZ9O/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1362444461&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=westone+4r

Westone UM3X: http://www.amazon.com/Westone-Triple-Monitor-Earbuds-Removable/dp/B003R0FJKG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1362444543&sr=1-1&keywords=westone+um3x

& Lastly the
1964 Ears V3!

Mar 4, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #2 of 23
Quote:
Well I'm currently using the Klipsch S4's, my main goal is overall comfort but they don't need to be stock tips as I use some comply's now. BASS! Excellent Overall. Opinions and facts is definitely welcomed. I have lurked around here and have done some research, but still not satisfied yet, one of my biggest issues is spending over 100$, and not being able to actually hear them before I buy them.
To me the Klipsch S4's are ok but I want more bass. i want a better overall mids, & high's as well. 

I was interested in these IEM's:

Klipsch X10: http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Image-X10-Noise-Isolating-Earphone/dp/B000WAHFBK/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1362444513&sr=1-1&keywords=klipsch+x10

Another thing is that I'm not to thrilled about the over the ear or wrap the line around my ear, I think that might feel weird and absolutely end up hating them just for that.

based on info given

Mar 4, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #3 of 23
I don´t know the X10 (but I hear good things about it). I know well the UM3X and I love this buds, maybe is quite expensive but I think worth every penny it cost. Of course the price difference is huge and I think the Westone would sound much better and detailed than the Klipsch. The shure SE215 sound well but the cable sucks is thick and uncomfortable for me.
Cheers
Gonzalo

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #5 of 23
SM3 V2 is another that would be good to checkout also don't sleep on the Ortofon e-Q5, imo it sound pretty as good as the W4 and SM3 and is also about $150 to $200 cheaper.

Mar 5, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #6 of 23
Yes there are cords in the aftermarket but for shure connection a few of them are available I know because I made 3 cables for my friends and the 535´s because the shure´s cable are nearly as crap I hate it is thick and jump out from the ear, that was quite annoying, the bass of the 215 IMO could be better as I said for me the UM3X are the best choice cuz I didn´t like the W4 very much ;p
Cheers
Gonzalo

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #9 of 23
Quote:
SM3 V2 is another that would be good to checkout also don't sleep on the Ortofon e-Q5, imo it sound pretty as good as the W4 and SM3 and is also about $150 to $200 cheaper.

Ortofon are not going to work for me don't care for the design nor fit.
Quote:
i must say through be careful with the klipsch x10 as there are fakes poping up.

i would buy em off Amazon anyway couldn't see how they'd be a fake

Mar 27, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #13 of 23
If you are looking at the W4R, then just just get the UE900 which has even more bass and better accessories.  However, if you love bass, then the EXTREME bass from Bowers & Wilkins will blow most IEMs away.  Thankfully both are available from any Apple Stores for demo and returns.

Apr 1, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #14 of 23
Quote:
If bass is your main concern, might I suggest Atrio MG7 Pro which is typically viewed as a bass heavy IEM.

Thanks i'll look into that, however i hated my Klipsch S4 double flanges though.
Quote:
If you are looking at the W4R, then just just get the UE900 which has even more bass and better accessories.  However, if you love bass, then the EXTREME bass from Bowers & Wilkins will blow most IEMs away.  Thankfully both are available from any Apple Stores for demo and returns.

IDK i looked up the C5, and they look and seem; by most horrid comfortability. 

Apr 1, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #15 of 23
Quote:
Thanks i'll look into that, however i hated my Klipsch S4 double flanges though.
IDK i looked up the C5, and they look and seem; by most horrid comfortability. 

Very true, getting and using the C5 is really a labor of love, and you REALLY need the Comply Foam Tips for it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back