Looking For Some Starter IEM's? Any help is appreciated!
Apr 2, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #16 of 23
..for true bass experience I use HiSound Wooduo 2, which are very nice, once you get proper fit. They have amazingly huge amounts of precise deep bass and work great with dubstep and rock (never tried them for hip hop since I don't listen to that genre). Their mids are not too recessed and their treble is supersweet, good enough that I don't mind listening to baroque trumpet works with them. Bad point is that Wooduo 2 has (for my ears) huge ports, so proper fit is difficult, it took me forever to find tips that were comfortable and gave good seal.
..my other recommendation would be Klipsch x10, when you have proper fit they have oodles of bass while also managing to sound flat across the board (ie, non recessed mids and treble). Very precise, without being harsh and/or fatiguing - they sound good with any genre of music. They are also by far the most comfortable universal IEMs that I have ever tried - supersmall and light.Unfortunately their cable relief splits easily (though I glued it back without any problem).

Apr 2, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:
..for true bass experience I use HiSound Wooduo 2, which are very nice, once you get proper fit. They have amazingly huge amounts of precise deep bass and work great with dubstep and rock (never tried them for hip hop since I don't listen to that genre). Their mids are not too recessed and their treble is supersweet, good enough that I don't mind listening to baroque trumpet works with them. Bad point is that Wooduo 2 has (for my ears) huge ports, so proper fit is difficult, it took me forever to find tips that were comfortable and gave good seal.
..my other recommendation would be Klipsch x10, when you have proper fit they have oodles of bass while also managing to sound flat across the board (ie, non recessed mids and treble). Very precise, without being harsh and/or fatiguing - they sound good with any genre of music. They are also by far the most comfortable universal IEMs that I have ever tried - supersmall and light.Unfortunately their cable relief splits easily (though I glued it back without any problem).

Yes, the X10 is nice and cheap too.

Apr 17, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #18 of 23
okay so i pretty much narrowed it down to Atrio MG7 Pro (really would like the red version). And the last two are going to have to be the Westone 2 & Westone 3 

199.99(RED Atrio) or 179.99 for Atrio's
184.99 For Westone 2
269.99 For Westone 3
315.00 For Westone 4

And the W4R is freaking 499.99

So i was wondering between those preferably the MG7 and Westone 2 seeing how there more affordable than 250+ ATM. 

Again i'm looking really into the Hip/Hop Trap, Dubstep, & Rock but mainly HIP-HOP. i would like To hear the vocals better than the Klipsch s4 that i currently have. And possibly want the sub-bass like a car does.

Thanks in Advance

Apr 18, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #19 of 23
I have done some research on the reviews and i think the Westone 2's are good when it comes to mids, however the MG7 are more bass heavy. i would like the 2 and not have to sacrifice if that's possible.

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #22 of 23
i guess i don't need that much bass if i can find something with more vocally being better. so really good mids and highs and have some good bass like the Klipsch s4. As i'm thinking over it i think i would prefer mid range better as i love to hear vocals better like in rap, trance music, etc...

Apr 24, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #23 of 23
I really like how the S4's sound but i know they're not that great when comparing to higher tier IEM's.what would i have to look for If i wanted something more vocals which would be great mids, and really nice treble but too loud to where it hurts, and decent bass if not better than S4's? i know looked at all the ones you guys said but i hate over the ear, i hate the feeling which sucks because Westone's are great when it comes to Mids, however they're over the ear only. I'll get the M5 with MG7 driver's however if the mids , and highs arent that great when comparing them to the Westone than i dont think ill go with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back