Looking for some headphones to use for an iPod
Jan 5, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #16 of 21

Great guide by Boomana (I hope you don't mind my sharing):
http://www.head-fi.org/a/buying-guide-headphones-by-price-range

Very helpful 
beyersmile.png

Thanks everyone!

Jan 5, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #17 of 21
If you don't mind the open design and sound leakage, I'd definitely go with a Grado. I have similar music tastes to you, and the SR80i has been absolutely perfect for me so far. I don't have much experience with the higher end Grados, but I can definitely rec the SR80i.

edit: Sorry just saw your later post that you don't want sound leakage... whoops sorry!
confused_face.gif

Jan 5, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #18 of 21
I have 5 sets of headphones.  Considering your interests, the ones from my little collection which would suit you best are the Pioneer HDJ-1000.  These were my 1st good headphones, and none of the others have been able to dethrone them from the #1 spot in terms of sound quality and versatility.  They are also the best in my group when it comes to isolation, power/volume, clarity, and hooking straight to an iPod.

Jan 6, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #19 of 21
Any opinions on the V-Moda Corssfade LP? I was suggested the M-80 or V-80 earlier, but the Corssfade is 75$ cheaper (hence, in my price range), so I was wondering if they'd be any good for what I'm looking for.

Jan 6, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #20 of 21

Quote:
Any opinions on the V-Moda Corssfade LP? I was suggested the M-80 or V-80 earlier, but the Corssfade is 75$ cheaper (hence, in my price range), so I was wondering if they'd be any good for what I'm looking for.

The Crossfade LPs aren't very well received around these parts. They're said to have a very boomy bass which intrudes on the mids.

The V/M80 are much better options. And if you want a bass-heavy portable, I think the LP2's have been well-received (?) There haven't been very many reviews, so I'm not 100% sure about that...

Jan 7, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #21 of 21
Agree. Crossfades are closed cans, which is nice, but the cups are a couple sizes larger than the M/V-80's, and they don't pass the military testing either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back