Looking for some good BASS IEMs
Oct 24, 2010 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

RaZrReD

100+ Head-Fier
I have been reading around here for sometime now. I am currently in the market for some IEMs with some booming, powerful BASS! 
biggrin.gif

I have  tried:
Dre. Beats Tour (I hoped that these would be the "ones")
Klipch s4
Skullcandy Titan
Monster Turbine 
Logitech ultimate ears 350 (which I thought would give me the best bass)
Sennheiser CX-300

When I had the Tours and Turbine, I used numerous tips and even my Comply t-400 foam tips. Even after allowing them "burn-in" I still couldn't get the bass I was looking for,

RIght now I am using the Sony MDR-XB40EX with Comply t-400 foam tips. I was contemplating on purchasing the SuperFi 5 EB from Amazon for about $110, but hesitant since Logitech doesn't make the EB model just the new noise-isolating version. Also throwing around getting some V-Moda Vibes, but after reading about the build quality issues, I am sort of staying away.

I have a BestBuy right up the street and I also can get my hands on some 
Shure 210, 310 SE425 & SE435
Galaxy Audio EB6

I listen to a lot of Trance, Techno, House, Rock and Metal (A7X, Metallica, Rush, Pantera, etc). My budget right now would be up to $200.   

Thanks for all the help.

Oct 24, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #2 of 10
UE SF5EB are really bass heavy IEMs and it's bass quantity more than Turbine, Tour. So you willbe quite happy with these, there are some more choices like MTP Gold, CKS90, CKS70, FX500 and IE7.........

Oct 24, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #3 of 10
See and I would pull the trigger on the SuperFi 5 EB, but I am worried about the fact that 1) The aren't produced anymore and 2) Amazon only has a 30 day warranty. So if something goes wrong them them say...6 months down the road, I might be S.O.L. 
mad.gif

Oct 24, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #4 of 10
What about the Hippo VB?  I have read that they give some pretty good BOOMING bass. Oh and I forgot to mention that I live in the U.S. so I am trying to keep my online options here in the states than having to import and pay a horrendous fee 
frown.gif

Oct 24, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #5 of 10
It sounds like you are after some insane bass.

If so, then you really, really, really want to give the Audio Technica CKS70 or CKS90 a go. These are like being kicked in the ears. The CKS70 isn't very balanced (bass is very much at the expense of treble) but the CKS90 is apparently an improvement. There are not many reviews on the CKS90 around here, but my pair of 70's are just... hilariously bassy.

Try reading ClieOS's review : )

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/481679/review-audio-technica-ath-cks70-solid-basshead

Edit: I don't mean to say that the CKS70's are particularly good - I have to choose the right tips, remove the filters, and cover the vent to even get a level of sound that approaches something a little more balanced. However, they are bassy.

Oct 24, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
It sounds like you are after some insane bass.

If so, then you really, really, really want to give the Audio Technica CKS70 or CKS90 a go. These are like being kicked in the ears. The CKS70 isn't very balanced (bass is very much at the expense of treble) but the CKS90 is apparently an improvement. There are not many reviews on the CKS90 around here, but my pair of 70's are just... hilariously bassy.

Try reading ClieOS's review : )

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/481679/review-audio-technica-ath-cks70-solid-basshead

Edit: I don't mean to say that the CKS70's are particularly good - I have to choose the right tips, remove the filters, and cover the vent to even get a level of sound that approaches something a little more balanced. However, they are bassy.

Thanks for the info. I am really leaning towards the Audio Technica, but like I said...I live in the U.S. so I do not know how I would get my hands on some without paying a huge import fee. 

Oct 24, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #7 of 10
Try accessoryjack. They have $10 shipping and pretty great prices =D

Oct 24, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #9 of 10
So I am slowly narrowing the choices down to the Audio Technica and the Fischers. Any suggestions from people who have tried both? 

I found this place http://www.audiocubes.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_30&products_id=2809 and they are located in NY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back