Looking for some amp advice. =] (JH-5 PRO)
Aug 5, 2010 at 6:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

TheShoop

New Head-Fier
Howdy folks, I'm somewhat new to this place but have been lurking for quite a while, immersing myself in the wonderful world that is higher-end audio and how it all works together. However, I have some questions about my particular setup, relatively small though it may be, that I hope all the knowledgeable people here can help with.

I just ordered a pair of JH Audio JH-5s as my first truly good set of IEMs. I would have liked to go for a higher-end model but alas, I am a moderately poor college student. With that in mind, I'm looking for a good portable rig that I can use with the JH-5s and my iPhone. The one that has impressed me the most thus far is the HeadAmp Pico; does anyone have any experience using a Pico with IEMs from JH Audio? I also can't decide if it would be worth investing in either the combo Pico amp/DAC or a separate DAC to use while I'm on my computer. I currently own an MBox-2 that I bought a few years ago to record with and from what I understand it serves the same purpose as a DAC albeit not very well...although I could be completely wrong about that.

So basically I'm just looking for suggestions or other setups that have worked for people here. I'm probably looking to spend $400-$500 on the setup, and I suppose I could use some recommendations for a LOD for the iPhone as well. Any help that you guys can provide would be much appreciated! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back