Looking for SENNHEISER HD598s in Toronto
May 21, 2011 at 12:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Amnesiac1

Head-Fier
Any recommendations? I'm trying to get them for a good price. I wish I could order them from Amazon.com, which has them listed at $199 currently. Unfortunately, that is not possible. Dakmart.com has them listed for $169.98, but apparently they are not exactly the best option around... they only sell refurbished items. PausePlayStop has them listed for $276. With taxes, shipping and conversion, all of these prices obviously be end up being much higher than listed.

I was thinking about driving into Syracuse to pick some up, but I'm not aware of anywhere in the Carousel mall that would sell these headphones. Best Buy is a Sennheiser dealer but they apparently will not order the HD598s into the store.

So, any recommendations?

Also, I'm going to be using the HD598s primarily for music and movies. I don't listen to a lot of different types of music... in fact, I primarily listen to Radiohead and I'm hoping these headphones will bring the wonder of theirs songs into even greater relief. I was won over by the comments on this board and the MacRumours board. Everyone says the soundspace on these headphones is really dynamic and fantastic. 

Thanks.

May 22, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #5 of 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back