Looking for portable amp for Alessandro MS1
Oct 26, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #3 of 6
Plan on buying any other cans later?

Oct 27, 2011 at 1:47 AM Post #5 of 6
I use MS1's with my Iaudio DAPs and an old Headstage Lyrix and an Practical Devices MX4. These amps have a bass boost feature that I find helps the MS1's a bit.

I'd recommend waiting to see if one of these or a similar amp shows up on the secondary market.

If in a "rush", the JDS Lab amp has a bass boost and, dare I say, the munchkin Fii0 E3 seems to boost bass as well.  I picked up an E3 as a lark and it does seem to give some added imputus to the MS1's, though I'm not sure if sound quality has been maintained. I'm still burning in the E3, so I'm just throwing that amp out there as an uber inexpensive alternative.

Oct 27, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #6 of 6
I did use the Fiio E5 then the E7 on the MS1s when I still had them. Just a touch of bass boost = awesomeness. It was only when I've modded them into the ms1000 that had led me to a proper amp because the drivers are even further from your ears and you really need a lot of volume...

FYI I am using the E7+E9 Combo. Did not try other amps, that combo is simply the cheapest desktop DAC/AMP I can find to power my Senns.

Back on topic,

Amp - something with bass boost. ZO pops in my mind. I'm still waiting for my one to come.
Mod - make them into the ms1000... definitely worth it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back