Looking for people who auditioned Audeo PFE 232, Westone 4r and shure 846 - is shure se846 much better?
Mar 14, 2014 at 8:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ete_pl

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

the question stated in the Topic is pretty much it - I am looking for people who had/auditioned/extensively compared these 3 iems. Are shure SIGNIFICANTLY better than audeos?
I'm asking, because I am in the market for new universal iems and I want to hit it right at the 1st time.

I audtioned, albeit only briefly, w4 and pfe 232 - and pfes had this wow factor right from the beginning, I loved the highs too - clear, reverbant and with appropiate decay.

W4 on the other hand, everything sounded right, but ONLY right, nothing actually moved me while listening, I also consider them too calm, I think.

I come from se530 and the qestion here is  -  is se846 much better than pfe 232 ? haven't heard shures 846s, I love the highs and bass of audeo, but I am afraid i'm going to miss the mids of shures 530, especially this aspect of the mids  which  added to that extra mass of guitars and vocals. I am afraid that audeos may sound to thin on guitars. Am  I right, or areyou, 232 owners completely satisfied with the way audeos recreate the mids in the recordings? ( my music pref  - mainly rock from the 60s,70s,80s plus some jazz ) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back