Looking for Oppo PM3 ear pads
Jun 1, 2018 at 12:19 AM Post #5 of 18
Same boat - I dropped an email to Oppo US and they sell them for $39 + shipping.

IF you can get them from Australia though, the same stuff is available for $29 (AUD) + shipping. I live in Hong Kong so that's what I will end up doing.

Jun 1, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #8 of 18
I've heard the same, hence the order for the cheap and cheerful memory foam jobbies. I’ve had a response from an Oppo dealer here in the UK and although they don’t stock them, they’ll be getting back to me with a cost

Aug 31, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #10 of 18
lightbox
Pads for Oppo PM-3:

Hey everyone... I'm looking for OEM Oppo PM-3 ear pads, but recommendations for suitably sized non-OEM pads very much welcome too.

I purchased the Brainwavz flat sheepskin pads for my closed back PM-3 headphones.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B073CHJ631/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

With the Oppo pads un-clipped (using a pocket knife), the pads stretch easily over the ear cups.

The sound signature changed to a brighter presentation, which I actually prefer as the PM-3s are reported to have a warm signature. My old ears need a bit of treble boost.

The pads are very comfortable, with a larger interior to accommodate my large ears.

The attenuation of outside noise has improved a lot. I cannot hear anyone talking to me.

The only down side is that the pads squeak when you move your head quickly... not good for head-bangers :)

Lying down on my pillow, once settled in there is no squeaking.

PM-3 Brainwavz DSCF1128 f.jpg

Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #11 of 18
lightbox
Pads for Oppo PM-3:

I purchased the Brainwavz flat sheepskin pads for my closed back PM-3 headphones.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B073CHJ631/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

With the Oppo pads un-clipped (using a pocket knife), the pads stretch easily over the ear cups.

The sound signature changed to a brighter presentation, which I actually prefer as the PM-3s are reported to have a warm signature. My old ears need a bit of treble boost.

The pads are very comfortable, with a larger interior to accommodate my large ears.

The attenuation of outside noise has improved a lot. I cannot hear anyone talking to me.

The only down side is that the pads squeak when you move your head quickly... not good for head-bangers :)

Lying down on my pillow, once settled in there is no squeaking.

Thanks for the advice!

Because of your post, I've bought these pads..

But I must say, I don't like the sound. It has less bass.

You have mentioned that the sound got brighter. At first I didn't pay much attention to your comment. The are too many myths and false beliefs in our hobby.
So I put the pads on and continued to "live on".
I didn't want to waste time comparing pads, assuming that even if it were possible to hear anything, differences would be just too minor.

But within an hour or so of casual, not concentrated listening, I've distinguished significant difference in bass. Maybe treble was also diffenent, but it didn't bother me.
The bass lacked impact and deepness. And it was very clear to me: As I said, I've heard that even while doing something else (web -surfing / reading). I didn't even suspect the pads at first - checked cable connections, gain settings etc. Nothing helped, so finally I put the original pads back on and everything came back...

It might be due to the fact that the original pads have a hard plastic base, which attaches to the ear cup. So the pad has a harder connection to the driver and the pad itself is smaller - more resonance?...
The Brainwavz pads stretch over the ear cup, so the connection between the pad and the driver is looser - may that is the reason.

The Brainwavz are really great in quality and price, but I switch back to my horrible looking old ones)

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #12 of 18
I was just about to order those pads now, but reading this im not so sure!

Jun 7, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #14 of 18
If you are serious about sound forget them.

I finally went with the original ones. Oppo still sells them for 39$. It`s not that much of a difference in price..
price has nothing to say. its just that the quality of them arent so good. It isnt real leather. After some time they crack up. I want to upgrade from that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back