1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for new sub$100 IEM (in canada)

1. QuietComfort
    Hi. I've been looking around this site as well as a few others for reviews and finally decided to ask in a thread.
    My preference is more analytical / detailed, with a wide soundstage. Bass is good, but probably prefer more balanced.
    I had my Sony MDR-NC22 (not quite sure if it's the NC22, I will correct it later) for 3.5 years until one side stopped.
    I'm looking at <$100.
    Some of the phones' I've been looking at are:
    Maximo im 590
    Soundmagic
    Re0

The only problem i have with the Soundmagic and Re0 is that it's from a Chinese-based company, and I've heard many build problems from various Chinese companies.
    I have no amps, and prefer not to get one if possible.
    My use is from my mp3 and computer, listening to music and shows/movies.
    My biggest problem so far is that not many of these products are available in Canada, and shipping costs are huge (~$30) compared to the price range I'm looking at.
    Thanks ahead of time!

2. dweaver
    Check out bugden audio, they are a Canadian reseller that sells the Fischer line as well as Sunrise Audio SW-Xcape which from what I have read is a good alternative to the RE0 with a bit more bass and they have had good reviews.

3. QuietComfort
    Thanks a lot. I'll check them out.