Looking for new headphones in the $50 range, mainly for producing music
Feb 2, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #17 of 26
  It's your money and your choice.  Just be sure that open cans will work for you.

I have never tried open cans actually, but I don't think that will be a problem to get used to it. I will probably but the 681 Evo, found a good ebay link for them from expreienced seller, so I'm currectly waiting for other's opinions about it, and whether it needs an amp or not..

Feb 2, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #18 of 26

It's your money and your choice.  Just be sure that open cans will work for you.

I have never tried open cans actually, but I don't think that will be a problem to get used to it. I will probably but the 681 Evo, found a good ebay link for them from expreienced seller, so I'm currectly waiting for other's opinions about it, and whether it needs an amp or not..

It's not a question of getting used to it.  It is one of whether or not you are OK with a can that leaks sound and isolates poorly to not at all.

Feb 2, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #19 of 26

It's not a question of getting used to it.  It is one of whether or not you are OK with a can that leaks sound and isolates poorly to not at all.

Oh, I will be mainly using these in my room with closed so I don't think I'll have any problems with it. However, I have just compared their look to other open can headphones and they look really 'close' ones from the back, maybe the Evos are semi-open?

Feb 2, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #20 of 26

Oh, I will be mainly using these in my room with closed so I don't think I'll have any problems with it. However, I have just compared their look to other open can headphones and they look really 'close' ones from the back, maybe the Evos are semi-open?

That could be--I'm not familiar with the Evo.  If they are, that's not a problem because you are confident that fully open cans will meet your needs.

Feb 2, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #21 of 26
That could be--I'm not familiar with the Evo.  If they are, that's not a problem because you are confident that fully open cans will meet your needs.
Ok thank you for the clarification!

Can anyone tell me please if these headphones (Superlux HD-681 Evo) need an ampfilier on PC?

Feb 3, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #25 of 26

Generally speaking, the 681B, which is the preferred pre-Evo 681 in most people's view, is a more analytical sounding can than the Evo. It has a less robust, more refined bass, but that is only (the refined part) when it has undergone some modification (the mod does involve some soldering, among other things; you can find more info about modding 681's in the forums on the Evo and the 681--look for a person called pdroid--he has outlined the mod in detail). Anyhow, the stock 681B has a harsher top-end than the Evo and is more forward sounding than the laid-back Evo. Soundstage is a point of argument--some think it's bigger on the Evo, others, on the 681B. Some people feel that the fully modded 681B is better than the Evo Version II (the current Evo), but not all are agreed on this fact--surprise, surprise.

You should think of the Evo as a different can altogether than the 681's, in my view, as it has an entirely different sonic signature and set of characteristics. People with all manner of much spendier cans have purchased Evos and most of us are quite pleased, especially at the ridiculous price. Hope that helps.

You should check in with us once you've burned them in for 40 hours or so (true burn-in takes maybe 200 hours, IMHO). We'd love to know what you think of the experience. Have fun.

Feb 4, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #26 of 26
Generally speaking, the 681B, which is the preferred pre-Evo 681 in most people's view, is a more analytical sounding can than the Evo. It has a less robust, more refined bass, but that is only (the refined part) when it has undergone some modification (the mod does involve some soldering, among other things; you can find more info about modding 681's in the forums on the Evo and the 681--look for a person called pdroid--he has outlined the mod in detail). Anyhow, the stock 681B has a harsher top-end than the Evo and is more forward sounding than the laid-back Evo. Soundstage is a point of argument--some think it's bigger on the Evo, others, on the 681B. Some people feel that the fully modded 681B is better than the Evo Version II (the current Evo), but not all are agreed on this fact--surprise, surprise.

You should think of the Evo as a different can altogether than the 681's, in my view, as it has an entirely different sonic signature and set of characteristics. People with all manner of much spendier cans have purchased Evos and most of us are quite pleased, especially at the ridiculous price. Hope that helps.

You should check in with us once you've burned them in for 40 hours or so (true burn-in takes maybe 200 hours, IMHO). We'd love to know what you think of the experience. Have fun.
Thank you replying!
I have ordered them yesterday, and I expect for something really good according to many reviews.
I will definitely update the thread with my impression after listening to the headphones for a while!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back