Looking for new headphones in the $50 range, mainly for producing music
Feb 1, 2015 at 10:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Aviv

Head-Fier
Hey, I am planning to buy new headphones, and I would like to get some advices on what headphone is the best for me.
I read and thought of buying one of these 2 headphones: Sennheiser HD205 or Superlux HD681, they both cost the same in my country (around 200 NIS=$50), so I really don't know which one to buy.
My main uses for them are producing music (need netural sound here, all frequencies, mainly creating progressive house, bigroom, and different kind of remixes) and hearing electro music.
If you have any other better headphones other than these 2 in that price feel free to suggest me, I would like to get any advice on which headphone fits my uses the best.

Also, forgot to mention that i am not planning to buy any AMP, so if you can I would like to know if any of these 2 headphones need one when using them on PC..

Thanks, cheers!

Feb 1, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #6 of 26
I also like the Superlux 681 Evo. Be aware that the sound is very different between the Senns and the Superlux products. The Senns tend to have a somewhat dark tonal quality that some like and some don't. The Evo has very abundant bass and outstanding imaging for its modest price. Evo owners tend to be very happy with their purchase, as the board refelcts. Hope that helps. Lastly, another option for you may be the ISK 580--which has some similarities to the 681B, but is generally felt to be better on this board. It may not be available where you are and is overpriced in the UK--fyi.

Feb 1, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #8 of 26
I don't mean to hijack thread, but can you recommend an upgrade from the superlux evo? Keeping the same sound signature and that lovely bass. I simply love them, and but I think its time for me to move on to something pricier (lol) I know you recommended the 770s,but they're all super expensive atm

Feb 1, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #9 of 26
I know, I know. It gets really spendy when you want superbly delineated and also powerful bass in a neutral and well-balanced can. This is part of why the Evo is such a steal. I don't think you are going to find it for less than half an order of magnitude more than you paid for your Evos, or around $250--minimum.. Some people would say the Audiotechnica m50 is an upgrade--and it isn't that much more expensive. But I don't know that you'd be happy with closed cans after living with the Evos. Sorry I don't have an $80 answer to a $300 question. Maybe start saving some money every month. Good luck.

Feb 1, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #11 of 26
And there's that, too. If you need neutral for the studio, it will be difficult to do at your price point--is the message, methinks. One that comes to mind, though,  is the Superlux HD 661, the closed back version of the 681. It has  peaky treble, which can be dealt with and then you have a can designed for producing and recording..

Feb 2, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #12 of 26
Thanks for your answer guys!
Unfortunately both Superlux HD 661, Audiotechnica m50 and the ISK 580 cost too much for me. I understand that in my budget I can't get any 'pro' studio headphones, but at least something decent maybe? The closest to studio headphones in my price rage?
I've saw your recommendations on the Superlux HD281 Evo. What's the difference between the Evo and the original one? I can consider buying the Evo from eBay since its in my price range.. Also, will it need an Amp on my PC?

Thanks!

Feb 2, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #15 of 26

If you were in the USA, this is what would work for you at $57:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00001WRSJ

If you want the proper tool to do the job you described, you have to budget enough to buy it.

These seems pretty nice, but too expensive for me :/
I think I will buy the Superlux HD681 Evo headphones, so can anyone reply to what I wrote above? I would really apperactice that :)

Quote:
I've saw your recommendations on the Superlux HD281 Evo. What's the difference between the Evo and the original one? Also, will it need an Amp on my PC?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back