Looking for new headphones for gaming
Sep 28, 2010 at 11:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Kooper

Head-Fier
Hi guys, right now I own a pair of Shure SRH840s which I love, but I don't find them as suitable for gaming.

I also owned a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770s Pro and I absolutely LOVED the bass on them- the bad thing is my girlfriend loved them too, and took them
rolleyes.gif
These I used for gaming for a while, and really enjoyed them.

So now I'm looking to really replace my DT770s Pro, but with that? Should I go with the same, or would you personally recommend going with something else? (I have a budget around $300) I was thinking perhaps exploring open headphones since they'd be used only at home, but I'd have no idea where to start.

Just looking for ideas, thanks guys.

Oct 2, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
ATH AD700 or Beyerdynamic DT880's would be your best bets for gaming.  Depending on the 880's you purchase you may need an amp as well.  

i definately have to agree here.  these are the definitive headphones for gaming.  i have the ad700 myself and i have to say they are amazing with gaming.  also modded mine pretty good so now their even better.  hd555 are good all around headphones and decent in gaming, i'd say just one step below the ad700.  if i were you and play mostly fps games, get the ad700.  get the dt880 if you have an amp and good source.  thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back