Looking for new headphones: Closed back <£120($190)
Oct 10, 2010 at 10:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

2cups

New Head-Fier
I've been searching around for a new pair of headphones for the past 2 days, read reviews, watched videos and read a ton of threads on here but I've come to a point where I'm just confused on what to buy so I would be very grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

-I mainly listen to music with alot of bass; DnB, Dubstep and Dance.
-A closed back is a must as I live in a noisey household and use them alot at night.
-Looks are not important.
-£120 is around the maximum I will go to but I'd pref like to spend less.
-I will be using them on my laptop and desktop.
-I don't own an amp or anything so if one is needed it will have to come out of the £120 budget.
-Comfort is somewhat important as I'll be using them for long hours

Thanks,

Ker.

Oct 11, 2010 at 7:38 AM Post #3 of 8
Thanks for the welcome sir.

I looked into the SRH750DJ's and I noticed alot of people having comfort issues. I forgot to mention in my original post (i'll go back and edit) comfort is somewhat important as I'll be wearing them for long periods of use.

Oct 11, 2010 at 7:45 AM Post #4 of 8
awww....I would've recommended the SRH750DJ if you didn't put comfort as an absolute must :p...Maybe look into DT770 Pros 32 Ohms version? or maybe M50's

Oct 11, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #5 of 8
It's a shame about the SRH750DJ as I have read nothing but good things about them on this forum (minus the comfort) and the DT770 and ATH-M50 are a little out of my price range (I can only find them for >£140) 

I have looked at the Ultrasone HFI 580, Ultrasone PRO 650 S-Logic & Sony MDR-V6. All seem to be great in the bass department and sound isolation from what I've read, also within my price range but I'm still very lost on what to get..

I never knew there was this huge world to headphones, I thought headphones were headphones and there was nothing to it. I was very wrong!

Any other suggestions?

Oct 11, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #6 of 8
I decided to get the Sony MDR-V6, hopefully I haven't made to big of a mistake in buying them but from reading the reviews on here they seem to tick most boxes. I would have preferred the DT770s or the M50s but unfortunately they we're just a little out of my price range.

Thanks for the help, I'll be back before I know it to buy a more expensive pair. 
L3000.gif

Oct 12, 2010 at 7:00 AM Post #7 of 8
Haha..Enjoy them MDR-V6~! I have always wanted to try a pair but have never gotten to before :p

Oct 13, 2010 at 8:37 AM Post #8 of 8
Thanks mattering, they arrived today and I can't help but grin when listening to music! 
atsmile.gif
 I'm hearing things on these that I couldn't hear on my others and the bass is perfect for my taste

Users who are viewing this thread

Back