Looking for neutral-sounding IEMs for around $200
May 29, 2019 at 8:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Draggo

New Head-Fier
Before I start, I have read many other forums, and I am aware at this point that neutral is a very subjective term. So far in my audiophile experience, the most neutral I have heard is the AKG K550s and I absolutely love them. I'm mainly looking for the most transparent/clear sound I can get for this price. I can go slightly over $200 but thats about my price range. Impedance and sensitivity doesn't bother me because I have a decent setup for it (LG V35) so anything will work. Though my only major priority is a detachable cable. I want to have a pair that will last a fairly long time.

I appreciate any suggestions!

May 29, 2019 at 10:55 PM Post #2 of 4
Would suggest looking at Etymotics, if you are comfortable with the deep insertion. The ER3 and the new ER2 series are great for the price, especially for a neutral signature and good isolation. The cable is detachable and replaceable, though it has a proprietary MMCX connector that locks (which in my opinion, actually makes it more durable).

May 29, 2019 at 11:21 PM Post #3 of 4
Would suggest looking at Etymotics, if you are comfortable with the deep insertion. The ER3 and the new ER2 series are great for the price, especially for a neutral signature and good isolation. The cable is detachable and replaceable, though it has a proprietary MMCX connector that locks (which in my opinion, actually makes it more durable).

Unfortunately I am a bit weary of deep insertion because I'm worried that they may damage my ears. Not to mention the cable I heard was kind of awkwardly designed so it makes it difficult to replace.

May 30, 2019 at 4:50 AM Post #4 of 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back