Looking for "must have" classic rock albums
Feb 4, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #61 of 69
i'm only going to mention one album, because it's a giant, gaping hole that desperately needs to be filled in a thread that is already four pages long.

any classic rock fan MUST own this album:

Big Star - #1 Record:

bigstar.jpg

and the great news is that the other essential album for any classic rock fan to own, Big Star's Radio City, comes on the same CD.

Feb 4, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #63 of 69
Classic Rock on CD - That's Just Wrong Man
tongue.gif

Big Star is good input and it has been repressed on audiophile vinyl by Classic Records.

Feb 5, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #64 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Classic Rock on CD - That's Just Wrong Man
tongue.gif

Big Star is good input and it has been repressed on audiophile vinyl by Classic Records.

yeah. well. sigh. if you saw my NY apartment, you'd realize that CD is the 2nd best invention ever. the first best is HD music streaming.

i've got several crates of vintage vinyl just waiting for the day i actually have room for a TT and lots of shelves. one can dream.
frown.gif

Feb 5, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #65 of 69
I actually reinvented that line for my reply - it was used on one of our TTVJ posters and on our current T-Shirts that read "Dark Side Of The Moon On CD, That's Just Wrong Man.

And believe me I do understand that vinyl takes up a lot of space. I hope someday you get enough room to get your vinyl out and play it!
beerchug.gif

Feb 9, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #66 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thinking of Michigan during those days: The Stooges, Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels, and the MC5 (Kick out the Jams!).

BTW, if you are a MC5 fan, check out the late Fred Smith's wife's (Patti Smith) new book "Just Kids". A great read, though it's mostly about her life before Fred Smith in NYC. And about loss and what lives on...

Then give a listen to her album "Horses".

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back