Looking for InEar Headphones with good BASS
Sep 15, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #31 of 36

Quote:
Simmer down now guys, i wasn't bashing the S4's, I was merely saying the pair I received was lacking the base, for we know they could have been defective... it happens.

Man you really aren't joking about those, 4h-24khz range @ 105db, if I get another set I'm strongly considering those
cool.gif
For those of you reading through this topic, he's talking about these:
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10551&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665774382#specifications

Published specs on FR mean jack.  A company can manipulate figures and put whatever they want on there.  Sony's headphones apparently can go to 100khz.  So buy a pair for your dog while at it.

Sep 16, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #33 of 36
Any of the afore-mentioned, really depends on what you want out of your bass.  People's preference for bass is so varied when someone says "suggest phones w/ good bass" I feel like not even bothering to reply.  My reply wasn't meant to rule out the Sonys but to rule out looking at FR ranges.

Sep 16, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #34 of 36
THANK YOU NAPILOPEZ! Just got my HJE900's today and I must say: GOT
k701smile.gif
DAMN!!! It's still going to take a bit for me to burn them in, but out of the box they sound GOOOD. Only complaint I have it that the cord if kind-of short... wait a sec, I have an extender for that, HA! eat that Panasonic
biggrin.gif

As a side note: I think the Radius DDM, JVC FX700 & SONY MDR-XB40EX would've also been good, but for now... I LOVE THESE HJE900's
atsmile.gif

Sep 26, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #35 of 36
FOLLOW-UP

I went and bought the Sony MDR-XB40EX's. That's not to say that I wasn't pleased with the HJE900's but I saw that everyone on this forum had more than one set, so I figured maybe that's where I went wrong (not enough comparison). So my verdict is as follows:

Panasonic HJE900 ($85.00 @ JnR.com)
High - Great
Mid - Great
Bass - Great
These ear buds are best for music & movies and are awesome all around, not really having one or more strengths in any particular category but rather delivering a great sound all in all (high, mid, & bass).

Sony XB40EX ($40.00 @ Walmart.com)
High - OK
Mid - Great
Bass - Excellent (Deep & Reverberating)
These ear buds I would say would be best for certain types of music only(the kind of music that is meant to be bass intensive). Movies and other types of music won't play to well with these, although if you're a bass junkie than these will be right up your alley and for the price you can't go wrong.

Now that I own both, between the two of them I would definitely have to hold the HJE900 over the Sony's, as an all around set the HJE900's just delivers a wider sound stage. Just as a side note, I also liked that the HJE's had detachable ear pieces, which makes it so that you can't accidentally trip or rip the cord.

*Special Thanks* To Napilopez, "sir, you know your stuff".

Sep 27, 2010 at 10:34 AM Post #36 of 36
Shadow.............your thread asked for an IEM with GOOD bass............thats what I provided in my recommendation.  Anyhow, another thing that is nice about the XB40...........the flat cord with the 90 deg plug.  Even though the Panasonic removable cord is awesome. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back