Looking for InEar Headphones with good BASS
Sep 13, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #16 of 36
UE Super-Fi 5EB has big bass with good mids and highs, JVC FX500 offers deep rich, reverbing bass with clear highs, mids and wide soundstage. Turbine shows good details in music with crisp punchy bass and it's good for above genres..........

Sep 13, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #17 of 36
Where do you live, Shadow? The HJE900s are only 78 at Jr.com: http://www.jr.com/panasonic/pe/PAN_RPHJE900/

Also, it's not to knock cheap headphones at all, I think my RX700 full size cans sound better than some HPs almost 10x their price, but it just strikes me as very odd for you to say the S4 had virtually no bass, since again they are known often for having too much bass. But no matter, you have better options now =P

Quote:
ShadowNemesis87 said:

Thanks for the all the help guys I really appreciate it. I took a look into the different sets you guys were recommending but I'm finding that the majority of them run for upwards of $200+. I like what I'm reading about the Sennheiser IE8, the Hippo VB's seem to be more of my style(although I can't seem to find a legitimate retailer) and I was particularly impressed with the Panasonic Rp-HJE900 (really good stats all around on that one), but once again I couldn't find them for less than $250.00, same thing with the Radius DDM's.

Keep in mind, I am trying to find a good pair for $150 or less, but no more than $150.

To answer your question. I bought them directly from the company so I know they were not counterfeit but when I started listening to them they had virtually no bass, I was shocked! For all the hub-bub that surrounded them they really didn't deliver, not to mention (as you said) a very shrill treble. Knock the cheap stuff all you like, but the MDR-EX56LP's I had were a God-send, the bass was surprisingly good along with the mid and high remaining crisp. The only thing was that the cord disintegrated on me within 3 months of use, even though I continued using them far after that (1yr & 3/4 I think).

Sep 13, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #18 of 36
Well guys, like this Ravens vs Jets game, it's OV'A! I just bought a pair of Monster Turbine's off of Amazon.com for $112(that's including over-night delivery).

Thank you all so very much for your help and suggestions. If by chance the Turbines don't turn out to be what I'm expecting, than Napilopez my friend, you will be the runner up with your  Panasonic HJE900's.

Thanks again, CHEERS!
k701smile.gif

Sep 14, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #20 of 36
frown.gif
Alright, now I feel stupid. Just got my Monster Turbines today and after listening to them for a couple of hours (trying to burn-in), I found that there was no bass. After reading some articles online I then found out that the pair I was sold were counterfeited
mad.gif
... damn you Amazon.com!

I should've listened to you Napilopez. Well I'm going with your original suggestion for the HJE900's from the site you linked me, I just hope I don't get screwed-over this time.

Sep 15, 2010 at 8:55 AM Post #23 of 36

Quote:
Well, there's Amazon and other people that sell on Amazon.  Do you know which you bought from?

I bought from Amazon. Trust me when I say; I thought they would be legit coming from Amazon but when I tried listening to them, the left speaker had some bass but nothing remotely close to what I was expecting and the right was all treble. If I'm being honest, I've owned sold-with CD headphones that sounded better than those did. No worries though, I'm off to UPS this morning to send them back to the refunds center.

Thanks again Napilopez, I have high hopes for your HJE900's but from how you describe them, they 'should' have no problems meeting my standards
biggrin.gif

Sep 15, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #25 of 36
The S4 had plenty of bass when I had them although more the bloated type than anything.

Sep 15, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #26 of 36
See my signature...........I really like these.  Im a fan of big bass as well.  I like these because the bass does not come at the expense of losing the mids/highs. 

Sep 15, 2010 at 2:36 PM Post #27 of 36
Hmmm... you said the s4's had no bass?  I had those, and they indeed are very bass heavy to me, and I have had Dennon c551's and Beats Tour's.  Even fake Turbines would probably have bass as well...  Not to sound like an a$$, but are you sure you are getting a good seal, the s4's should be pretty heavy...  I can't imagine anyone dubbing them bass light...

Sep 15, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #28 of 36

Quote:
Hmmm... you said the s4's had no bass?  I had those, and they indeed are very bass heavy to me, and I have had Dennon c551's and Beats Tour's.  Even fake Turbines would probably have bass as well...  Not to sound like an a$$, but are you sure you are getting a good seal, the s4's should be pretty heavy...  I can't imagine anyone dubbing them bass light...

How do I determine if I am getting a good seal? They sit comfortably and don't loosen.

I have MS400s arriving tomorrow, I'm sure those will satisfy on the bass.

Sep 15, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #29 of 36
Heh... for me it kinda feels like there is a bit of pressure within my head, also if you talk you will sound really loud...  There's probably better ways... but I would guess you aren't getting a good seal...

Sep 15, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #30 of 36
Simmer down now guys, i wasn't bashing the S4's, I was merely saying the pair I received was lacking the base, for all we know they could have been defective... it happens.

Quote:
See my signature...........I really like these.  Im a fan of big bass as well.  I like these because the bass does not come at the expense of losing the mids/highs. 

Man you really aren't joking about those, 4h-24khz range @ 105db, if I get another set I'm strongly considering those
cool.gif
For those of you reading through this topic, he's talking about these:
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10551&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665774382#specifications

Users who are viewing this thread

Back