Looking for In-Ear Monitors under $300
Jul 21, 2014 at 8:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

xMastodonx

New Head-Fier
I'm pretty new to high end iems so i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I know that there are different iems for different sound tastes but the thing is that I pretty much listen to all genres (excluding pop). Thanks

Jul 21, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #2 of 5
Vsonic GR07's would be worth looking into.  They get quite a bit of love on this site and are supposed to punch well above their price point.  I don't own them myself, but I've owned the Vsonic GR06, which is the GR07's little brother, for several years.  The GR06's have been absolutely fantastic IEM's that I still listen to occasionally, even though I have much nice headphones now.  I imagine that the GR07's would be even better.

It might be a little close to going over budget, but you could also look at Cosmic Ears BA1 if you're interested in custom molded IEM's.  You'd have to wait a while to get your IEM from them as they're based in Sweden and they have a lot of orders, but they make fantastic CIEM's.  I own their HY3 headphone and it's awesome!

Food for thought.

Jul 21, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #3 of 5
How about the Duals XB from Alclair (http://alclair.com/product/dualsxb/)?  For $300 you get the monitors plus custom options that sometimes cost money.  Also, Alclair may have a trade-up program in the event you want to try the Reference or RSM.

I've compared universal versions of their custom line-up and I was left very impressed with the Duals XB.  

Jul 21, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #4 of 5
Vsonic GR07's would be worth looking into.  They get quite a bit of love on this site and are supposed to punch well above their price point.  I don't own them myself, but I've owned the Vsonic GR06, which is the GR07's little brother, for several years.  The GR06's have been absolutely fantastic IEM's that I still listen to occasionally, even though I have much nice headphones now.  I imagine that the GR07's would be even better.

It might be a little close to going over budget, but you could also look at Cosmic Ears BA1 if you're interested in custom molded IEM's.  You'd have to wait a while to get your IEM from them as they're based in Sweden and they have a lot of orders, but they make fantastic CIEM's.  I own their HY3 headphone and it's awesome!

Food for thought.

The vr sonics seem more bass oriented though. I would rather have one with highs than bass. And I'm not really interested in CIEMs right now . Are there anything else?

Jul 21, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #5 of 5
The vr sonics seem more bass oriented though. I would rather have one with highs than bass. And I'm not really interested in CIEMs right now . Are there anything else?

You could also check out the Heir Audio 4.Ai S.  Disclaimer, I also do not own these, but many seem to be saying that they are some of the best universal-fit multi-driver IEM's in the market.  At $299 on their website, they're right at your budget and have a reputation for relative neutrality.  Worth checking out. Also if that's a little much, you could look at the 2.Ai and 3.Ai, which are less money and 2 and 3 driver configurations, respectively.  I haven't read anything about either of those though, so they may or may not be what you're looking for.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back