Looking for IEMs w/ Lifetime Warranty for Rock/Electronica for $300
May 31, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #16 of 31
Hey guys, thanks for all the suggestions. The Aurisonics  sonics sound like a great choice but I was just wondering three things: 1) Do they come with lifetime warranty, 2) When will the ASG-2 be released, and 3) Is it worth going for their custom line for $100 more? Thanks for all the suggestions and keep em coming :)

May 31, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #18 of 31
Quote:
Well if you're wanting to wait for the ASG-2, the custom version will be upgraded as well. But if I recall correctly that one will cost $800 or so.

No pricing information has been released regarding the 2 series. I don't even think it's been decided on yet. 

What I do know is that the ASG-2 is meant to be a sidegrade more than an upgrade. Different tuning to appeal to different listeners, it's the same driver though.

May 31, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #19 of 31
Quote:
No pricing information has been released regarding the 2 series. I don't even think it's been decided on yet. 

What I do know is that the ASG-2 is meant to be a sidegrade more than an upgrade. Different tuning to appeal to different listeners, it's the same driver though.

When I was discussing whether I would be reviewing the AS-2 with Aurisonics, I was told the retail would be $800. Could have changed since then though.

May 31, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #20 of 31
Quote:
Hey guys, thanks for all the suggestions. The Aurisonics  sonics sound like a great choice but I was just wondering three things: 1) Do they come with lifetime warranty, 2) When will the ASG-2 be released, and 3) Is it worth going for their custom line for $100 more? Thanks for all the suggestions and keep em coming :)

• http://aurisonics.com/store/index.php?main_page=page&id=12 for full warranty info.  You get 1 year from shipment date for your warranty.
  • No info on the ASG-2 has really been released.  So you'd have to stay tuned for that.  ASG-1 will be upgradeable to the ASG-2 though.
  • I'm not the person to ask this unfortunately.  I'd ask someone who's owned both the generic fit as well as the custom. 

May 31, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #21 of 31
1. Has anyone had experience dealing with Aurisonics on warranty related issues? Did it cost anything and how much was the repair? What about out-of-warranty repairs/replacements?

2. What do you mean that the ASG-1 will be upgradeable to the ASG-2? Do they change something to your IEM or do you trade in for a completely new one? 

3. If the AS-2 is going to be $800, any word on the price on ASG-2?

May 31, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #22 of 31
Quote:
1. Has anyone had experience dealing with Aurisonics on warranty related issues? Did it cost anything and how much was the repair? What about out-of-warranty repairs/replacements?

2. What do you mean that the ASG-1 will be upgradeable to the ASG-2? Do they change something to your IEM or do you trade in for a completely new one? 

Aurisonics can be contacted from here for that information (Dale Lott will gladly answer those questions).

May 31, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

1. Can't help you here, as dflock stated, Dale is the person to talk to about this.

2. Not sure what the extent of the differences is between the 1 and 2 series, but I do know that they share the same driver. You send in your iem and they upgrade it, which will probably mean re-tuning and possibly adding a different filter or a change in housing. 

3.This is the first time I've never seen an official $800, so I'm not sure if it's accurate. Best to wait for an official announcement before you sweat the pricing.

1) tinyman answered this nicely
2) The best answer I have for this is to quote another member's recent post:

Exactly - from what Dale wrote me, they will announce the AS-2 in a "few short weeks"!

3) That's completely up to you. Depends on your wants and needs. You should really contact CS at Aurisonics, they can answer these questions a lot better than we can.

May 31, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #24 of 31
The asg-2 has an extra driver: it is not and upgrade but as mentioned a side grade. I am sure sale with charge a reasonable price for this side grade when the time comes.
For the time being I am sure you will be satisfied by te ASG-1 and it is almost indestructible!

Jun 1, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #25 of 31
If I buy the asg-1 used, am I still eligible for warranty and upgrades?

Also, why is everyone recommending these again? They seem to have a rather short warranty span (only 1 year), and I've yet to read any testimonies of people getting their Aurisonics repaired/replaced before or after the warranty has expired.

Furthermore, in most of the reviews I've read, people always compare them to the VR07, which costs only half as much. Is there a review out there that compares it against similarly priced IEMS?

Jun 1, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #26 of 31
Quote:
I've owned the ultimate ears triple fi 10 pro before. How will the asg-1 compare against that?

See i have had both but i own the older version the 1.1. I will comment on things that i do not think have changed that much from what i have read. The highs are the worst part of the ASG so the TF10 is quite comfortably better their. The mids are very forward on the 1.1 and still fairly forward on the 1.2 so their presence is obviously a lot better than the mids of the TF10, they are also much more natural, do have a shorter decay and much more transparent with better detail. Now bass is similar in quality, i would give the nod to the ASG but 1.1 had less quantity than that of the TF10 but i think the new 1.2 has better quantity. Soundstage the TF10 is quite wide but the ASG is much, much wider with better depth and presentation.

Hope this helps!

Quote:

Also, why is everyone recommending these again? They seem to have a rather short warranty span (only 1 year), and I've yet to read any testimonies of people getting their Aurisonics repaired/replaced before or after the warranty has expired.

Furthermore, in most of the reviews I've read, people always compare them to the VR07, which costs only half as much. Is there a review out there that compares it against similarly priced IEMS?

I am sure if you talk to dale he will transfer the warranty over like he did with me, he is a good guy!

Because Dale gives the best CS ever and the earphones are also built like tanks.

You mean the GR07 which are meant to be perhaps the best earphones at their price. If you look on the original Aurisonics thread, their may be link to impression on the first page of the new one, you can find SM3 comparisons, W4 comparisons and PFE 232 comparisons. I could compare to the Sony EX1000 soon but the Sony is in another league, if you can get that in the price range go their, they are roughly $300 in the US and i am sure Sony CS is good!

Jun 1, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #28 of 31
Quote:

Like Swimsonny said, they are built like tanks and Aurisonics CS is second to none. I don't think I've ever encountered better customer service and I'm not just talking about headphones. I'm blown away by their dedication to customers.

More reviews and comparisons are in progress, the 1.2 rev was released very recently so not a lot of people have had a chance to hear them yet. 

Jun 1, 2012 at 8:42 AM Post #29 of 31
Basically when you communicate Aurisonics you speak to Dale who is their CEO. He did never see that his products would make a hit with our community and now he is trying to do as much as possible to please us. He is great to help and also just to chat to. Words can not do justice how good it is.

Jun 1, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #30 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny /img/forum/go_quote.gif

[snip]

You mean the GR07 which are meant to be perhaps the best earphones at their price. If you look on the original Aurisonics thread, their may be link to impression on the first page of the new one, you can find SM3 comparisons, W4 comparisons and PFE 232 comparisons. I could compare to the Sony EX1000 soon but the Sony is in another league, if you can get that in the price range go their, they are roughly $300 in the US and i am sure Sony CS is good!

When you do compare them to the EX1000, I'm sure you'll find that the ASG-1 is just as capable. I've owned both the EX600 and EX1000; the EX600 being the MUCH better value. Sure, you get better accuracy and imaging going from the EX600 to EX1000, but it's about a 5% increase (IMO). Something the ASG-1 crushes the EX1000 in is bass: it has better quantity. Mids are iffy; they are both equally capable.

I would say the only thing the EX1000 wins in is the highs, which are the best out of any DD IEM I have tried. The soundstage on each IEM is about equal, but the EX1000 tends to focus on right-to-left soundstage (or 2D) rather than the ASG-1 being all-encompassing (3D). Very different sound-signatures, that's for sure.

The EX1000 is my third favorite DD IEM, the ASG-1 being my favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back