Looking for IEMs w/ Lifetime Warranty for Rock/Electronica for $300
May 31, 2012 at 5:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Teck1212

New Head-Fier
I don't know why, but my portable audio equipments break rather frequently. Therefore, I want to get pair of IEMs that have Lifetime Warranty and are good at Rock/Electronic music. Any suggestions? Budget is around $300, but I've also been thinking of going custom if it's worth it

May 31, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #2 of 31
The only earphones i can think of are Monster Miles Davis Series. These is one other i know of but its eluding my brain.
Most earphones with removable cables should last a long, long time when looking after them correctly!

May 31, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #4 of 31
Quote:
Etymotic
The ER-4 Series

ER-4 has a 2 year warranty. However, Etymotic has a reputation for providing good CS beyond their warranty.

The only company that comes to mind as having a lifetime warranty for all their products is skullcandy. Can't really say that I recommend them though. Their iem offerings are nothing to get excited about.

Standard among high end iems is 1-2 year limited warranty. Your best bet is to get a pair with detachable cables (as the cable is generally the first component to fail) from a company with outstanding customer service.

At your price point, I recommend checking out Aurisonics. Do some research and contact them directly with any questions you might have, you won't regret it.

May 31, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #6 of 31
Quote:
ER-4 has a 2 year warranty. However, Etymotic has a reputation for providing good CS beyond their warranty.

The only company that comes to mind as having a lifetime warranty for all their products is skullcandy. Can't really say that I recommend them though. Their iem offerings are nothing to get excited about.

Standard among high end iems is 1-2 year limited warranty. Your best bet is to get a pair with detachable cables (as the cable is generally the first component to fail) from a company with outstanding customer service.

At your price point, I recommend checking out Aurisonics. Do some research and contact them directly with any questions you might have, you won't regret it.

I agree highly with tdshain here in looking at Aurisonics, Best CS you will come across and solid great sounding earphones, the ASG-1!
Also check out Sony EX1000 as they are going for roughly your price in the US now!

May 31, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #7 of 31
Quote:
I agree highly with tdshain here in looking at Aurisonics, Best CS you will come across and solid great sounding earphones, the ASG-1!
Also check out Sony EX1000 as they are going for roughly your price in the US now!

Keep in mind that the ASG-2 will likely be released very soon and it seems like it will be tuned for audiophiles as opposed the the ASG-1 which is tuned for stage performers.

Can't go wrong either way though. Get in touch with their CS when you have a chance.

May 31, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #8 of 31
Quote:
Keep in mind that the ASG-2 will likely be released very soon and it seems like it will be tuned for audiophiles as opposed the the ASG-1 which is tuned for stage performers.

Can't go wrong either way though. Get in touch with their CS when you have a chance.

Oh of course i did, how could i forget! :wink:

May 31, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #10 of 31

Etymotic
The ER-4 Series

Quote:

That is the key... Good Customer Service.

I could go and drop my ER-4 headset in a leaf shredder, send it in to Etymotic, and for a cool 130 bucks, have a brand new headset. They will rebuild it.

May 31, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #11 of 31
The ER-4, IMO, wasn't very good for rock or electronica... The bass wasn't there for me. Plus, many people that have the ER-4 have them properly amped, which is almost required to get the best SQ out of them (unless you have a crazy DAP or something).

My suggestion would be the ASG-1. You can upgrade to the ASG-2 when it comes out, and Aurisonic has great customer support.

They are a fantastic at nearly every genre.

May 31, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #12 of 31
Quote:
The ER-4, IMO, wasn't very good for rock or electronica... The bass wasn't there for me. Plus, many people that have the ER-4 have them properly amped, which is almost required to get the best SQ out of them (unless you have a crazy DAP or something).

My suggestion would be the ASG-1. You can upgrade to the ASG-2 when it comes out, and Aurisonic has great customer support.

They are a fantastic at nearly every genre.

I have to disagree. The ASG-1 wasn't for me, the mids we're too "special" for me to enjoy electronica. I did however love the ER4's for electronica when I had them. Bass is present with a proper seal and the accuracy and speed is spectacular. 

May 31, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

I have to disagree. The ASG-1 wasn't for me, the mids we're too "special" for me to enjoy electronica. I did however love the ER4's for electronica when I had them. Bass is present with a proper seal and the accuracy and speed is spectacular. 

Have you heard the 1.2 revision?

May 31, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #14 of 31
Probably not. The ones I had we're pretty early in the Aurisonics craze and before filthers and all that stuff became available. You're probably right that they've gotten "better" since then.

May 31, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #15 of 31
Quote:
Probably not. The ones I had we're pretty early in the Aurisonics craze and before filthers and all that stuff became available. You're probably right that they've gotten "better" since then.

You wouldn't recognize them, I highly recommend you check them out if you have the chance. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back