Looking for IEMs for Bassheads
Apr 29, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #46 of 101
No matter what you hear about the the Wooduo2 not having enough bass lemme tell ya I thought the same UNTIL I learned how to insert them in my ears the right way!  Triple Flange Large silicone tips are my weapon of choice. A tight fit is the key. I didn't realize my ear canal is very flexible. By pulling the back of my ear backwards and keeping my jaw open when I put em in the canal is stretched open. When they are inserted properly I release my ear and close my mouth.  The canal goes back to it's normal size which means it it wraps tighter around the tips. Remember having the tips in as far as possible AND having the fit as tight as possible is essential.  I'm a big fan of talented bass players..now i can hear very clearly what they're up to.  The highs and mids are still very clear and present.  So far these are the BEST IEMs I have heard ..as good or better than listening to my sound system.  Very close to what I've heard at the best live concerts I've been to. The volume doesn't have to be blasting for me to hear that punchy "bass kick"

Apr 30, 2014 at 7:02 AM Post #47 of 101
This thread is hilarious. The 1X are definitely a fun set of headphones, but seriously... get the 3X instead. With the 1X you will miss out on some of the nice details that make trap so awesome, and the treble definitely needs to be eq'd down a touch (mine are a couple years old and they are still a bit shrill at times). The 3X can put out the same bass, you just need to boost it a bit.

Thanks for the link. I'll be sure to check it out later.

I looked around in my local electronics stores and they only have the JVC HA FR201 and the HA FR301 which I'm guessing are updated versions of the 1X and 3X. I saw in your sig that you have the FR201 also.... so are they updated versions of the 1X and 3X?? How is the bass on the HA FR201?

Apr 30, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #51 of 101
The FR201 are a version on the FX101. Some people said they were an update or successor, but I think of them as a cheap budget alternative. The amount of bass is about on par, but to my ears, muddier. They also lack much in the mids and treble is pretty shrill. I loved them until I got the 1X, then stopped using both the 1X and 201 when I got the 3X.

Apr 30, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #56 of 101
The FR301 look just like the 1X but with an inline mic. My interest has been peaked :0

*edit: we don't have the FR301 in Canada. Ain't that some bull bull?

Yes we do? I saw them at london drugs last night. They had the the 201's AND the 301's. Oh yeah btw, I decided to buy the FR201's today. Listening to them right now on max volume. Putting them through a test of my bassiest songs. It hits the low, lows pretty decently and the mids are good. Idk if the bass gets better or what, but the bass isnt doesnt rumble your brain and isnt overpowering like my old 50/50's. I've read the reviews for the JVC HA FX1X and 3X and those people are like they never heard good bass before lol. The bass on these arnt THAT impressive. Maybe if it was tickling my ears and rattling my brain it would be impressive, but it's not.... Btw there is a little bit of distortion with the highs too.

Apr 30, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #57 of 101

Yes we do? I saw them at london drugs last night. They had the the 201's AND the 301's. Oh yeah btw, I decided to buy the FR201's today. Listening to them right now on max volume. Putting them through a test of my bassiest songs. It hits the low, lows pretty decently and the mids are good. Idk if the bass gets better or what, but the bass isnt doesnt rumble your brain and isnt overpowering like my old 50/50's. I've read the reviews for the JVC HA FX1X and 3X and those people are like they never heard good bass before lol. The bass on these arnt THAT impressive. Maybe if it was tickling my ears and rattling my brain it would be impressive, but it's not.... Btw there is a little bit of distortion with the highs too.

Really? Where the heck do you live in Canada? I checked the Canadian JVC website and they are not listed, but they are on the American site.

Told ya you get the 3X.... :wink:

Take the 201s back and try the 301s.

May 1, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #58 of 101

Really? Where the heck do you live in Canada? I checked the Canadian JVC website and they are not listed, but they are on the American site.

Told ya you get the 3X.... :wink:

Take the 201s back and try the 301s.

I live in BC.  And its at our london drugs, its also at The Source.  When you said that there is more bass on the 1X than the 3X, it only made sense that the 201 is like the 1X and the 301 is like the 3X. So I thought that the 201's had more bass. Do you have the 301's too?

May 1, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #59 of 101
I live in BC.  And its at our london drugs, its also at The Source.  When you said that there is more bass on the 1X than the 3X, it only made sense that the 201 is like the 1X and the 301 is like the 3X. So I thought that the 201's had more bass. Do you have the 301's too?

The 201 has an 8mm driver, while the 301 seems to share the same 10mm driver, and casing, from the 1X

av.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL029379&pathId=211&page=1

support.jvc.com/consumer/product.jsp?archive=true&pathId=162&modelId=MODL028895

As you can see, the 301 (first link) looks the same as the 1X (second link), and the limited stats they provide are the same.

May 1, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #60 of 101
The 201 has an 8mm driver, while the 301 seems to share the same 10mm driver, and casing, from the 1X

av.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL029379&pathId=211&page=1

support.jvc.com/consumer/product.jsp?archive=true&pathId=162&modelId=MODL028895

As you can see, the 301 (first link) looks the same as the 1X (second link), and the limited stats they provide are the same.

Guess you're right. The 301 does have a bigger driver which probably equals bigger bass. But do you, yourself, have the 301's???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back