Looking for IEMs for Bassheads
Apr 16, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #31 of 101
I'm going to suggest the Sol Republic Jax. I know from reading a lot that Sol isn't thought of the best around here, but the Jax have excellent bass response. Not overwhelming and excessively bloated, but with decent clarity and good extension. It adds some body to the lower mids that can sometimes turn into some slight bloat, but the bass is full and quite dynamic. The Jax also don't disrespect the mids or highs. The mids sound very natural albeit a little congested at times, while the highs add some clarity back in and are rarely splashy. No sibilance at all. 

Apr 29, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #33 of 101
JVC HA-FX1X or 3X are pretty darn bassy. Have both....I prefer the bass on the 1X, but the 3X are better overall.

Kudos to you. A recommendation that I can actually buy at my local stores. I've done some forum searching and these have come up.... They are known for their powerful, strong bass. You say you have both, but which one has the most powerful bass...? 

Edit: You say you prefer the 1x, the main question is, do you even listen to bass music (trap)?

Apr 29, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #36 of 101
I listen mostly to EDM...dnb, trap, chillhop, liquid dnb, etc. and hip hop, with some classic rock tossed in.

I found the bass on the 3x to be nice and punchy and smooth, but not much better than what I was getting out of my T90s. I've got well over 100 hours on them now, and the 1X just plain as day have more bass (although it is less controlled).

While the 1x have more bass, everything else is less crisp. I recommend the 3X over the 1X based on that. You can always eq more bass into the 3X (which they handle just fine), so why settle for weaker highs and mids if you don't have to?

The 3X are a great headphone.

Apr 29, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #38 of 101
Thanks for the fast reply. I'm about to pull the trigger on the jvc ha-fx1x. If it naturally has more bass, then thats more ear candy for me. 

You say you listen to trap? Check this, its a gold mine I made.... https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuHEVWyA5mvBTZwqH8OtnUhQ3dAtTp8Fm&feature=mh_lolz

Trap is all I listen to atm. 

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #39 of 101
I had a 5EB, but they broke up I have not found a replacement at their level. 
confused_face(1).gif

I agree that 
strongest bass I heard so far that also rumble, but mid and high are VERY muddy.

Now could say what other EMI could be his replacement in terms of bass. Looking for a IEM with bass equal to or better than the SF 5EB ? 

In Various price ranges.

Apr 29, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #40 of 101
  I had a 5EB, but they broke up I have not found a replacement at their level. 
confused_face(1).gif

I agree that 
strongest bass I heard so far that also rumble, but mid and high are VERY muddy.

Now could say what other EMI could be his replacement in terms of bass. Looking for a IEM with bass equal to or better than the SF 5EB ? 

In Various price ranges.

This is MY thread. If you've got a question make your own thread. You ARE NOT going to try to highjack my thread, I hate when people do that.

Apr 29, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #41 of 101
I heard some real good things about the Sony XB90ex and really affordable too. I think they are only available in Japan but people have bought it on Amazon and shipped it over. You should take a look at those

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #45 of 101
This thread is hilarious. The 1X are definitely a fun set of headphones, but seriously... get the 3X instead. With the 1X you will miss out on some of the nice details that make trap so awesome, and the treble definitely needs to be eq'd down a touch (mine are a couple years old and they are still a bit shrill at times). The 3X can put out the same bass, you just need to boost it a bit.

Thanks for the link. I'll be sure to check it out later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back