Looking for IEMs for Bassheads
May 1, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #61 of 101
Guess you're right. The 301 does have a bigger driver which probably equals bigger bass. But do you, yourself, have the 301's???

I don't have the 301s, but I do have the 1X. All my headphones are in my Sig :D

I just picked up the Sony MDR-XB50AP, which have next to no coverage here. I'll let you know how they are for bass once I spend some time with them.

*Edit...my gawd these are bassy... :L3000:*

May 15, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #63 of 101
So I returned those JVC HA-FR201's and got my money back. Then I bought the Skullcandy 50/50's for about $70 after taxes. These are the exact ones I bought: http://www.amazon.com/Skullcandy-Spaced-Headphones-In-line-S2FFGM-389/dp/B00J3QMHTO . I bought them from London Drugs in my town. After having them for 2 years, I've decided to stick with what I know and love. Two years later I guess they decided to set-up the design of them, with a flat cable and a more durable jack. What I love about these 50/50's is that it has style (red flat cable, see-through casing), a strong durable jack, GREAT isolation, and finally, the BASS. An 11mm driver explains why they have such powerful bass and why they tickle my ears with it aha... I almost bought the Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2, but didnt want to wait for shipping or be disappointed again! I also thought about getting the Hippo VB's, but as I said I'm going to stick with something I know and loved (the 50/50's). 

I appreciate all the input and feedback from everyone, really made me aware of IEM's out there that have more than average BASS. If I had working pair of IEM's and if there was more than one store that was able to do returns on IEM's, I would test some out, plus maybe try a few legendary bass IEM's from online that was suggested too. I know Skullcandy's get ripped on, on here but it'll last me another 2+ years meanwhile I save up for a car sub/amp and a power converter to hook up to my sound system in my room and hear and FEEL the bass...  

May 16, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #70 of 101

Too bad they're kind of ugly.. hahah

I think they are more butt ugly, but okay :D. The bass is completely worth it, and they are only 44 CAD at Future Shop right now. The package can be opened really easily (no security seals). You should be able to try the out and return them without their Cust. Serv. team ever knowing they were opened. Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk.

May 17, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #75 of 101
Hi,

Cool. Glad you liked it. TBH I never heard this before.

So I returned those JVC HA-FR201's and got my money back. Then I bought the Skullcandy 50/50's for about $70 after taxes. These are the exact ones I bought: http://www.amazon.com/Skullcandy-Spaced-Headphones-In-line-S2FFGM-389/dp/B00J3QMHTO . I bought them from London Drugs in my town. After having them for 2 years, I've decided to stick with what I know and love. Two years later I guess they decided to set-up the design of them, with a flat cable and a more durable jack. What I love about these 50/50's is that it has style (red flat cable, see-through casing), a strong durable jack, GREAT isolation, and finally, the BASS. An 11mm driver explains why they have such powerful bass and why they tickle my ears with it aha... I almost bought the Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2, but didnt want to wait for shipping or be disappointed again! I also thought about getting the Hippo VB's, but as I said I'm going to stick with something I know and loved (the 50/50's). 

I appreciate all the input and feedback from everyone, really made me aware of IEM's out there that have more than average BASS. If I had working pair of IEM's and if there was more than one store that was able to do returns on IEM's, I would test some out, plus maybe try a few legendary bass IEM's from online that was suggested too. I know Skullcandy's get ripped on, on here but it'll last me another 2+ years meanwhile I save up for a car sub/amp and a power converter to hook up to my sound system in my room and hear and FEEL the bass...  

Hi,

Never heard thisv IEM before. For me is not only quantity and quality of the bass. But the also the mids and highs. Very difficult to find a headphone that can do it all.
Anyway glad you love it. Music is about the listener. And it's great that you found a headset that fits your taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back