Looking for IEMs and need some recommendations
Sep 29, 2010 at 10:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

nickorx

New Head-Fier
Hi! First time posting here... ( new in the world of iems )

Thinking of getting new IEMs and have been reading around. However still not too sure so would like some recommendations.

Currently interested/looking at Grado Gr8, Ortofon e-q7, Shure SE530, RE0

Normally listen to pop music, or more specifically kpop.
Also prefer vocals to shine.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks =)

Sep 29, 2010 at 11:27 AM Post #2 of 11
Well these were a great deal of help to me 
smile.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-110-iems-compared-sennheiser-cx280-cx281-added-09-25

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/450407/multiple-iem-shootout-v-3

Sep 29, 2010 at 12:28 PM Post #4 of 11
Final Audio Design makes some good earphones these days.
Check musicaacoustics.com for A1 and SB models
Also SM3 is a great IEMs by Earsonics.
Are you solely interested in Balanced Armatures?

Sep 29, 2010 at 12:35 PM Post #5 of 11
Not really. I just read that these earphones have great mids that can show off vocals more. Not sure if I am right there.
Btw i looking for second hand earphones... new ones a little expensive for me =(

Quote:
Final Audio Design makes some good earphones these days.
Check musicaacoustics.com for A1 and SB models
Also SM3 is a great IEMs by Earsonics.
Are you solely interested in Balanced Armatures?

Sep 29, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #6 of 11
at the same time as you read the threads recommended to you, when you have the time, seeing that you are from Singapore, head down to Jaben to test the products out. The staff there are friendly and you can demo what you are interested in and make a more informed decision and making sure you really are getting what you like. Stereo is another alternative. 

Sep 29, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #9 of 11

е-Q7 is made,  tuned and designed exclusively by Japanese maker: Ortofon Japan. Grado is USA company and GR8 is Made in Japan using an OEM earphone from Japanese manufacturer Yoshima Electric.

They are similar mainly in the Driver they carry but besides the driver, everything e-Q7 has that GR8 does not.
Sound very different. I have Grado GR8 for sale if you are interested. (you mentioned you want a second hand/used item).
PM me and I will get you pictures and price.
Quote:
i have a question. what is the difference between e-q7 and gr8??
seems very similar to me.

Sep 29, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #10 of 11
SM3, CK10, CK100, E-Q7, UM3x and SA7........

Sep 30, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #11 of 11

PM-ed you.
Quote:
е-Q7 is made,  tuned and designed exclusively by Japanese maker: Ortofon Japan. Grado is USA company and GR8 is Made in Japan using an OEM earphone from Japanese manufacturer Yoshima Electric.

They are similar mainly in the Driver they carry but besides the driver, everything e-Q7 has that GR8 does not.
Sound very different. I have Grado GR8 for sale if you are interested. (you mentioned you want a second hand/used item).
PM me and I will get you pictures and price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back