Looking for ideal headphone for Fostex HP-A8c
Jun 9, 2014 at 9:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DanTheMan1

New Head-Fier
Hi, I purchased the fostex HP-a8c amp/dac a few weeks ago, currently using my dt770 with them, amazing difference really, I'm now willing to take the plunge and try get the best headphone for my personal taste, and wondering if you guys can help. I've been stuck between hd800 and th900, I listen to alot of prog rock from the 70s (Pink Floyd etc), Led Zeppelin, the occasional hip hop as I do enjoy bass quite a bit.

any advice would be great cheers

Jun 16, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #2 of 5
  Hi, I purchased the fostex HP-a8c amp/dac a few weeks ago, currently using my dt770 with them, amazing difference really, I'm now willing to take the plunge and try get the best headphone for my personal taste, and wondering if you guys can help. I've been stuck between hd800 and th900, I listen to alot of prog rock from the 70s (Pink Floyd etc), Led Zeppelin, the occasional hip hop as I do enjoy bass quite a bit.

any advice would be great cheers

bass? th900 is the answer. 

Jan 16, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #4 of 5
I had the HPA8 paired with the TH900's for a while, and love that combo. IMHO, the star of the HPA8 is the DAC - not the 700mw @30ohm amp section. When I moved to a desktop speaker setup, I sold my th900's but kept the HPA8 to use in DAC only mode, which I still listen to and enjoy greatly. (paired with an old A/V receiver and a pair of B&W CM5's)

I did try the HPA8 with the LCD2/3 and as you can imagine, the detail, imaging, and spaciousness were all there - but those cans needed a lot more juice (as in, 2w min). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back