Looking for headphones, portable use for iPod between £50-100!
Nov 19, 2012 at 5:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Azraman

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

New to the forum, as the title says I'm looking for a pair of headphones within the 50-100 price range with nice, crisp sound range, these are for portable use for my iPod as well so I'm assuming the best ohm is 32 for this use? I'll leave that up to you guys.

Main thing other than that is that they must be over ear, not on or in-ear. Want my ears to keep nice and warm :wink:

I listen to all different types of music from death metal to jazz. At this current point in time I'm into my more chilled out music but would like a pair of headphones with some nice bass to them as well for if I want to listen to dance or deep dubstep like Kryptic Minds.

Headphones I've looked at already are Sony MDR XB-500's but I didn't want to purchase them off the bat in-case they lacked in sound quality overall and just came with a load of bass and drowned out mids and highs. Audio Technica WS-55's I looked at, heard plenty of good reviews on them and heard they were/are over ear however, when I look at them the cups seem very small and my ears don't look like they'd fit in them, even though they aren't large.

As said above, they must be over-ear as I really can't wear on-ears or in-ears for that long as they hurt the cartilage pressing them down.

Thanks a ton in advance :)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back