Looking for headphones for metalcore/hip hop in the 400-500$ range
Mar 6, 2014 at 8:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

iPhaze

New Head-Fier
I am looking for some headphones in the $400-500 price range that sound great for hip hop and metalcore. I want the extra bass but not to the point where everything else sounds like ****. I tried beats and I liked the bass and drive I got from them but they do not sound good with other genres and are overpriced junk.I am currently looking at the hd 600s which I heard are not good for hip hop and also the pro 900s. What would you guys recommend? ?? I will be using them to listen to music off of my ipod and computer and I am willing to buy a fios.

Mar 6, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #2 of 12
I would look into the HE-400. Brand new it's at the low end of your budget, and it's excellent for metal and hip hop. It has powerful bass, but doesn't get in the way. It's also very fast, which is well suited for your music tastes. Also much easier to drive than the HD600.

Mar 6, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #8 of 12
I don't need a closed headphone, would be nice but Im going to be using at the gym I can careless if people hear my music lol. It's coming down to the 1540 vs the HE-400 now. The only flaw about the HE-400 I don't like is they look humongous and although I don't care "too much" about style they look ugly.

Also what amp would you guys recommend, I will be using with my galaxy s4 most of thetime. 

Mar 6, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #10 of 12
Since you'll be driving them from your phone, something a bit more portable would be more sensible than the humongous headphones these guys are suggesting. Take a look at the Focal Spirit Professional and Spirit Classic. Those headphones have fantastic bass quality and punch, while being very balanced and clear headphones.

Mar 6, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #12 of 12
  How do the Shure SRH1540's match up vs the HE-400s??? Which ever is better for Hip-hop/ Deep bass drops and a sound that doesnt get boring lol

I've never heard the HE-400's, but I would certainly like to!

I don't think the bass of the SRH1540 will disappoint you though. Also the SRH1540's are very lightweight, if that helps in your decision at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back