Looking for Head-Fi Members in the Nashville / Middle Tennessee / North Alabama / Kentucky area
Feb 25, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #31 of 68
"Any progress?"

He asked hopefully :p

Nothing that I know of, sadly.

What we really need is for someone to commit to hosting/organizing.  Wish I could, but life is a little too crazy right now.

But, if someone pulls it together, I'll do everything I can to attend.

Feb 25, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #34 of 68
Huntsville is 2 hours south of me.  I could swing it if it fell at just the right time.

Franklin would be very doable, of course.

Feb 25, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #35 of 68
Huntsville is doable, Franklin is much better-- for me anyway. I really like the idea of swinging by the Emotiva HQ-- wonder if they'd have any interest in hosting the event? Some other Nashville-based audio companies (or at least companies that have locations in Nashville) include Aurisonics (don't think they have a showroom though), Vintage King, HifiBuys, Prestige Audio (although they appear to be more into the speaker end of things), and probably lots others. If nothing else, it might be good to invite some of these guys to bring demo gear if we're in or around Nashville. 

Wish I could volunteer more than my gear and some dough, but I might be applying for a position in Charleston, and if I get it the logistics involved there would overwhelm any time I might have for this. I'd still plan on attending the meet, though.  

Feb 26, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #36 of 68
I went to Emotiva's annual festival (Emofest) last year, and had intended to speak to them about possibly in the future adding in a Head-Fi meet.  Shortly after being there it became clear that this just wasn't reasonable.  While they have listening areas, basically every square inch of their facility is utilized for demoing their products, current and to come.  And outdoors isn't doable either as there are lots of people, and listening to anything that wasn't well sealed would be extremely difficult.

On Emotiva's forums, one of their engineers has brought up that they might be working on an upcoming Emotiva Headphone amplifier.  I think it just became even an idea (within the late few weeks), so we wont likely see anything if we stop by this year.  But it is good to know that they have us in mind.

As of right now, if I were to attend I would be bringing the following:

Denon AH-D2000 with MartinCustomAudio Macadamia Nut Wood Cups, and a BTG Audio Custom Cable
JVC HARX-700 w/ dampening modifications
Darth Beyer V3XD
Emotiva XDA-2
Emotiva Mini-X A-100

Depending on when this ends up being scheduled that may not be the case, as I've been thinking of selling some of these items. And I'm also currently trying to settle on a pair of open cans and a tube amp.  

Huntsville, is manageable for me, however I already drive down there four times a month, and would really rather not do so more than I already do.  

Feb 26, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #38 of 68
It looks like I'm going to be organizing this little shindig, however, I would welcome any help.  I'm thinking that I might start a new thread so I can reserve the first and second postings for updates, members that are coming, and what they are bringing.  Does that sound good to everyone?

So, would anyone have a problem with holding this meet in the Franklin, TN or maybe Nashville, TN area?  I did a quick google maps "search" and it seem that it would be no further than a 3 hour drive for the majority of the people that have spoken up with interest.  I searched :
Birmingham, AL (2hr 31m)
Chattanooga, TN (2hr 5m)
Knoxville, TN (2hr 56m)
Cookeville, TN (1hr 31m)
Clarksville, TN (1hr 12m)
Bowling Green, KY (1hr 24m)

Columbia, SC (6hr 49m)

Unfortunately it will be further for at least one, but given that it's an area that is somewhat central for most of us, should have plenty of locations to choose from for hosting, and plenty to do while in the area.  And of course there are the lucky members who it will be rather close.  

Ok, I'm going to leave it at this for now, and will get more in depth in the new thread I'll be starting shortly.

Jun 22, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #41 of 68
The second Nashville Music City Meet is coming up on September 20th, for anyone still interested. Hope to see some of y'all there!

Jan 6, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #44 of 68
If you guys are referring to the Nashville meet, I'm gonna start the planning in the next couple of weeks! I'm looking at mid- to late- March at the moment, but that might change based on how everything plays out. We'll be discussing it in the Fall meet pictures and impressions thread, if you'd like to join us! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back