Looking for guidance on a new set of gym headphones (PX100 vs HFI-15G)
May 14, 2011 at 2:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Sancor

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I've gone through so many IEMs for the gym that I just can't really take it anymore. They generally either are always falling out or quickly fatigue my ears in the gym (normally turn them up to drown out noise of treadmill and what-not). Granted, my IEMs are not at all quality, I used to use UE monitors but the cables gave out and I just gave up on spending a lot on my gym gear after that. 

But now I'm ready to invest again and I'm looking for some cans which can offer me the following;

• Will stay on my head throughout my workouts which means being able to stand up to running and laying down on the bench/sit ups
  • Will not destroy my ears if listened to for prolonged periods of time
  • have durable/replaceable cables to avoid the problem of fraying
  • Decent sound

I've heard great things about the PX100 and the HFI-15G as portables, and they're listed under Headphone Solution's top work-out headphones. I was hoping some people with experience could guide me to the right choice. If someone has advice on another set of cans, I am really open to suggestions.

The things that are attracting me to the PX100 are their price and apparent quality, but I'm worried that having open cans will make them useless in a gym with loud machines like treadmills. 

The HFI-15G is pricier, but seems to have a nicer sound. I'm worried though, after looking at them that they don't seem like they would be able to stand up to the constant jerky motion of the gym. They also are open like the PX100s. The big prop for them is their supposed "safe" engineering that decreases the pressure on your inner ear by 40% which seems to address the issue of ear fatigue I get in the gym.

Thank you guys so much for your help,

Santi

May 14, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #2 of 3
I've also looked into the Sennheiser MX and PMX series headphones, which seem like they might satisfy my requirements for comfort and stability but I'm wondering if anyone can attest to their sound quality? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back