Looking for good over ear headphones under $150 or so...
Dec 1, 2012 at 12:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JustinSP

New Head-Fier
What headphones would be best for me? I want them to have the best sound quality, comfort, and also look cool and be durable. Good noise isolation would be nice but I'm not looking for something that has active noise cancelling. I had three in mind but I'm not sure which of these would be best. Or any other recommendations?

I already have a pair of Sennheiser in ear headphones and they sound great so I'm a little biased towards them...

Bose AE2
Sennheiser HD-280Pro or Sennheiser HD449 
Beyerdynamic DT440

Thanks

Dec 1, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #2 of 4
Sennheiser HD280 Pro are not very good in terms of comfort. They clamp down on your head really hard and for that price range I would highly recommend the AudioTechnica M50 (which also have hard clamping force, but the sound quality is unrivaled at the price range) which is actually pretty cheap right now from the standard price of $150. You should be able to find a pair on Amazon for $90 - $115.

Dec 1, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #3 of 4
It's a pretty cliche recommendation, but for what you're asking for (durability, aesthetics, sound quality, noise isolation, comfort for less than $150) I can't help but mention that the m50 is worth looking into. Just note that there's a slight emphasis on the bass and treble, which you may like or dislike depending on what music you listen to and what sounds good to your ears. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back