Looking for Earphones under $50.
Jan 21, 2011 at 3:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

VanillaSound

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'm new to this forum and am not really knowledgeable about audio ^^;;.

I'm just looking for earphones under $50 and from most of the things I've read on this forum the three most popular are the Creative EP 630, Shure E2C's, and Sennheiser CX300.

Which one should I get from these choices? Or are there better choices out there?

I'm willing to stretch my budget a LITTLE bit. I know head-fi is a bass hater community but their in-ear earphones are now $66 instead of $100 and I'm tempted to buy them.

I don't know what earphones to buy so can someone please help? 
confused_face_2.gif
 I'm looking for sound quality and durability. As for the music I listen to, everything besides country :wink:.

BTW, I prefer to buy from amazon :D.

OH I meant bose hater not bass hater :p sorryyy

Jan 21, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #2 of 7

Quote:
I'm just looking for earphones under $50 and from most of the things I've read on this forum the three most popular are the Creative EP 630, Shure E2C's, and Sennheiser CX300.

You must have us confused with some other forum 
tongue.gif
. Either that or you've been busy reading threads from 2006...

Jan 21, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #3 of 7

Quote:
 I know head-fi is a bass hater community but their in-ear earphones are now $66 instead of $100 and I'm tempted to buy them.

Head-fi earphones, tell me more!!! Or are you talking about one of the three you mentioned, in which case, no, they're not worth $66.

Jan 21, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
Head-fi earphones, tell me more!!! Or are you talking about one of the three you mentioned, in which case, no, they're not worth $66.

I think (s)he meant 'Bose' rather than 'bass'.

Jan 21, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
Which one should I get from these choices? Or are there better choices out there?
[...]
don't know what earphones to buy so can someone please help? 
confused_face_2.gif
 I'm looking for sound quality and durability. As for the music I listen to, everything besides country :wink:.

BTW, I prefer to buy from amazon :D.

Have you read joker's incredible set of IEM reviews, grouped by price category?

You can save some reading time by starting with his summary table in Post #8. I think you'll find many $50 IEMs on that list that would be better choices than those that you've identified. Many are sold through Amazon, but you will limit your possibilities with that criteria.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back