Looking For Earbuds, $40 or less, maximum sound quality and value... any suggestions?
Jan 26, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #16 of 49

Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-216-iems-compared-koss-keb70-sunrise-i100-added-1-23-12

Did you find this thread OP? I think the Soundmagic PL50s would be a good choice to look into as far as clarity, although they aren't exactly bass heavy. They do include a case I believe, but no in-line remote.

And by 'symmetrical cable' you mean ones that don't have the longer cable to go around the back of your neck right?

Yes, the definition that you provided for "symmetrical cable" is correct. That's exactly what I mean.

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #17 of 49
Can anyone who owns the Dunu Tridents provide a general feedback about them? I don't really get how they are "really good" yet. Also, could someone describe the back of each earbud casing? On Amazon.com, it looks like there's a big hole at the back of the earbuds that kind of looks like the bottom of the small circular Lego piece...

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #18 of 49

Quote:
Can anyone who owns the Dunu Tridents provide a general feedback about them? I don't really get how they are "really good" yet. Also, could someone describe the back of each earbud casing? On Amazon.com, it looks like there's a big hole at the back of the earbuds that kind of looks like the bottom of the small circular Lego piece...

In that thread I posted, Ctrl+F or Cmd+F and type "Dunu dn-12" There you should find ljokerl's review on them.

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #19 of 49
Some people have comfort issues with the HAFXC80, as it is a microdriver IEM, and the very hard driver is inserted in the ear canal. It needs plenty of burn in for the bass to emerge, and even then the bass is not that strong. It is best for classical music as it has great treble detail.  If you want strong bass then you should choose something else. 

If you want very strong bass but also a bright overall sound with nice clarity, then buy the JVC Extreme Explosive HAFX1X for around $30.

I have both the HAFXC80 and the HAFX1X.

i guess the Soundmagic E10 would also be a good choice. Another choice is the Meelectronics M21, or the M31 for even more bass but less detail.

Jan 27, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #20 of 49
Meelec M6 you can pick em up for under $20, they are pretty comfy and have a symmetrical cord, INCREDIBLE bass impact, at lower volumes i find them to be less bass heavy. I listen to my pair about 10 hours a day, I have a pair of custom tips on mine due to the fact they were originally made for my EX1000's but the angle was wrong so I had another set made.

Jan 27, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #21 of 49
Instead of the meelectronics M6, the M21 or perhaps even the M31 would be better choices.

Jan 27, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #22 of 49
Did you/were you able to make a choice yet? This thread is a freak accident on head fi's part and isn't showing up in my notifications box so i have to check manually. Plz post your current top picks..the one's you are favoriting or thinking about the most. it will give us a better idea of what you are looking for. and if we like one of them we could back up what you like with +1's or just people saying. i vote for that one too. i find those very helpful to the OP

Jan 27, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #23 of 49

Quote:
Did you/were you able to make a choice yet? This thread is a freak accident on head fi's part and isn't showing up in my notifications box so i have to check manually. Plz post your current top picks..the one's you are favoriting or thinking about the most. it will give us a better idea of what you are looking for. and if we like one of them we could back up what you like with +1's or just people saying. i vote for that one too. i find those very helpful to the OP

Ok bowei006,

The ones I'm looking at right now are: Atrio Future Sonic AtrioX, Radius Atomic Bass 2 Earbuds with Mic, and H2O Audio TR1-BK H2O Audio Trax Custom Fit Sport Headphones,

Jan 27, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #24 of 49
You could always try the KOSS KDX-100 (Chrome) they're about $30 and have a solid kick and a good midrange, they also have a lifetime warranty in the US and Canada

Jan 27, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #25 of 49
I would recommend the Brainwavz Beta. If you read Joker's review, he notes that "its bass has impressive depth and impact" and "the Clarity is excellent." They even make a version with a mic and iPod controls. The built quality has improved since his review with better housing and cabling.

Jan 27, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #26 of 49
I would recommend Meelectronic CW31 and Brainwavz M1.

Mee CW31 is the budget model of its clarity series. Amazon selling at usd29.44
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004OBZ2X6/ref=mp_s_a_26?qid=1327714630&sr=8-26
They have decent bass, clarity and a case is included. Read up the reviews in this site and amazon. I have given this as gift to a friend and she likes the sound. And I read that Mee has good post sale service.

Brainwavz M1 sounds really good to me for its price. Unfortunately its currently unavailable at Amazon. I remember I bought thru Amazon at discount abt 39usd. It has decent bass (impactful with Sony hybrid tips) , beautiful mids and good detail highs. Case included in the bundle. Check out the reviews here. If u are keen u can see if other online sellers have them in stocks.

Cheers,

Feb 6, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #27 of 49
To all of you, I have settled that I may buy the H2O Audio Trax Custom Fit Sports Headphones. All of the others have either non-fitting shapes to what I'm using these for, or I feel are unreliable, or have features I do not settle for or particularly like. Thank you for all of your suggestions. I will not buy immediately, so if anyone has any more recommendation, feel free to voice them. Thanks again!

Feb 6, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #28 of 49
If you buy Sennheiser IEMs, then buy them only from an authorized retailer, otherwise you could be stuck with counterfeits.

If you buy them on Amazon, you need to look for:
Quote:
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com

Amazingly, even if it says "Fulfillment by Amazon", they can still be counterfeits.

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #30 of 49
Yuin PK3. Yuin makes the best earbuds around. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back