Looking for Dac with build in amp for Monitor speakers. HELP GURUS
Dec 9, 2013 at 3:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

speakers

Head-Fier
I'm after something for the computer which will have a Dac which will play 24 bit files and with a amp to power some monitor speakers. Is this possible and where can i get one i am in the uk and the lower the price the better.

Thanks

Dec 9, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #2 of 12
What speakers are you looking to power?

Dec 9, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #4 of 12
Those are powered speakers, they have amps built in.

Dec 10, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #6 of 12
  Thanks alot, do you know if i could connect the A2's temporarly to a Logitech 530 sub-woofer

I would say to just use the A2s by themselves,
I doubt you could even get the A2s working with the Logitech 530 sub-woofer.
And even by some miracle you did get them working together, the 530 being such a low budget sub-woofer might make the audio sound worse.

If you wanted more bass, the sell off the A2s and buy some 8" studio monitors.

Dec 10, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #7 of 12
  I would say to just use the A2s by themselves,
I doubt you could even get the A2s working with the Logitech 530 sub-woofer.
And even by some miracle you did get them working together, the 530 being such a low budget sub-woofer might make the audio sound worse.

If you wanted more bass, the sell off the A2s and buy some 8" studio monitors.

Would it be worth buying a sub,m if so what would you suggest? Also what studio monitored could i use around £120. Also would i need a tamp

Dec 10, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #8 of 12
  Would it be worth buying a sub,m if so what would you suggest? Also what studio monitored could i use around £120. Also would i need a tamp

Really not sure what sub-woofer to recommend, but try asking on AVforum website.
With 120GBP, I would say to find a used pair off eBay, not sure what brand, maybe M-Audio BX5.
You do not need an amplifier with active monitors (powered speakers).

Dec 10, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #9 of 12
If you wanted to get some better monitors, look on second hand sites like gumtree.
Lots of people have to stop producing/close home studios for whatever reason and you can often get great deals on monitor speakers. Most monitor speakers these days are active so don't require an amplifier.
Obviously what can can get will depend on where you live, but here are some examples I just found on gumtree:
  1. M-Audio BX5 (£110)
  2. KRK Rokit 6 (£150)
  3. M Audio BX8a (£110)
And many more.

Dec 10, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #10 of 12
  If you wanted to get some better monitors, look on second hand sites like gumtree.
Lots of people have to stop producing/close home studios for whatever reason and you can often get great deals on monitor speakers. Most monitor speakers these days are active so don't require an amplifier.
Obviously what can can get will depend on where you live, but here are some examples I just found on gumtree:
  1. M-Audio BX5 (£110)
  2. KRK Rokit 6 (£150)
  3. M Audio BX8a (£110)
And many more.

How would i power these with a computer, i'm a novice at this any help would be appreciated. I may upgrade the A2 soon

Dec 10, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #11 of 12
  How would i power these with a computer, I'm a novice at this any help would be appreciated. I may upgrade the A2 soon

You do not need to power these studio monitors (powered speakers).
Just run cables from the computer built in sound card, to the studio monitors (one cable for each monitor).
I'm assuming it would be a 3.5mm stereo mini-jack to two 1/4" TS plugs cable.

Dec 11, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #12 of 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back