Looking for DAC/Amp for Denon D2000, been reading threads all day, still at a loss.
May 7, 2011 at 5:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

enobeuh

Head-Fier
Alright, about 4 times now I've decided a new piece of equipment and keep convincing myself that that's not for me. I think part of the problem is that I don't know what exactly I need. Right now I'm leaning toward the Travagan's White, but reading through some other thread made me think I might not be using it to the full potential if I do get that one.

My current set up is: Foobar on laptop > nuforce uDAC2 > D2000

I plan on doing the DIY markl mod and possibly getting the V3 recable in the near future. My udac is hooked up to the laptop by USB only. Something I read led me to believe that if I wasn't also running a digital coaxial cable out to the DAC than the DAC portion of the equipment is going completely unused. Did I misunderstand something? And if so, what is the most cost efficient amp should I go with to power the D2000 as long as I'm going straight from laptop to amp via USB? Sorry if this is a noobish question, I'm pretty new to this and getting a bit confused on some things. Also, if the DAC is going completely unused, would I be better off with the Travagan Red?

I'm willing to spend upwards of $300, preferably no more than what the Travagan White would cost me, but less than $250 would be nice too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back