Looking for comfortable, noise isolation headphones under $100
May 23, 2012 at 8:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

misohsoh

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm actually really clueless about headphones, I only got my first pair 3 years ago as a birthday present- Panasonic RP-HTX7-W1. (over ear headphones)
I really really like the sound quality of it but unfortunately i broke it when I stood up while it was still plugged into my laptop. (the headphone jack bit came off)
I would just buy another one to replace it, but I found that when i listened for a few hours, the top of my head would hurt, and my ears would feel like they've been pulled down. 

Now that I am travelling 4 hours total on bus almost everyday for uni, I find that I really want to buy a set of headphones that can have the sound quality of the panasonic, but is more comfortable to wear for long periods of time. I've found the Philips O'Neill headphones for $40 but I've read lots of negative reviews. Are there any other headphones that are recommended?

I'm just looking for:

1) I don't need extremely good sound quality, just the Panasonic level is fine
2) Comfort is a big big must
NB. I listen to mostly jpop/kpop and christian contemporary (definitely no metal or any heavy going music)
4) Noise isolation for bus conditions, i found that the panasonic did this pretty well for me personally
4) Budget of less than $100
5) a bonus would be that i can wear my spectacles (i couldnt do this without feeling uncomfortable with the panasonic)

Thanks for reading this!

May 23, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #2 of 4
I highly suggest the Philips O'Neil Stretch.  They have good sound quality, are built very well, and are super comfy.  They isolate so well too.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHO9560-28-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B003VNKKUS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337793149&sr=8-1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back