looking for bluetooth headphones: Sony MDR-1RBT or Sony MDR-10RBT?
Nov 19, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #17 of 35
  They look pretty good! I've never tried them though. The aesthetics aren't bad but they're very subtle headphones compared to the Sony MDR- #R line. The 10RBT is definitely more loud in terms of visual appeal.

Do you have a pair?

Na I don't. I don't think they've even been released yet. I'm hoping for good reviews because in terms of looks and functionality they already take the cake imo.

Nov 20, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #18 of 35
  For under $100? That IS a no brainer... make sure they are real though... That sounds too good to be true.

i'm currently thinking of skipping over that deal just because of what you mentioned... it's new, but the guy gave an adress that is not in his name etc.. etc...

but someone else has a new one for 85 euro and i can just pick it up.

I don't like on ear because i have glasses and it hurts after a while.

what would be a feasible price for the mdr-10rbt after the xmas craze?

Nov 20, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #19 of 35
  i'm currently thinking of skipping over that deal just because of what you mentioned... it's new, but the guy gave an adress that is not in his name etc.. etc...

but someone else has a new one for 85 euro and i can just pick it up.

I don't like on ear because i have glasses and it hurts after a while.

what would be a feasible price for the mdr-10rbt after the xmas craze?

I'm too lazy to to do the exchange but I could see it go as low as $200 (from $250) a little after Xmas at Amazon... it all depends on how popular they get though too. The 1RBTs were going as low as $350 5 months out but they were constantly out of stock for a while.

Nov 21, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #20 of 35
have the mdr-1r.... am absolutely in love with it. Best 50 euro's spend... 

will definitely go for the mdr-1rbtmk2 as the mdr-1r is a gift for someone. However, i'm not sure if the mdr-1rbtmk2 comes with 2 cables like the previous modle.

Nov 22, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #21 of 35
I just found out that the plug for the cable on the rbt isn't nicely integrated in the headband like with the 1r. I'm not sure what they where thinking at sony that have it just plug in cold into the speakercase.... just looks really ugly.

Nov 22, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #22 of 35
  I just found out that the plug for the cable on the rbt isn't nicely integrated in the headband like with the 1r. I'm not sure what they where thinking at sony that have it just plug in cold into the speakercase.... just looks really ugly.

Oh yeah... it's hidious on the 1RBT... it looks better on the 10RBT but still not "seamless" in the design like the 1R. The worst part is the plastic flap you pull open on the 1RBT... it looks terrible when the cable is hanging out of a awkward flappy plastic

Nov 25, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #23 of 35
such a shame... really a shame... anyway i think i'll go for the 1rbtmk2.... i have something going for a 1rbt if i can get the price down a lot (say 150 euros orso)... but otherwise i'll just go with the 1rbtmk2

it's a shame they don't have a version with noise canceling and bluetooth.

Nov 27, 2013 at 4:58 AM Post #24 of 35
just my luck. Got one version for the price I was aiming for... even though i was hesitating between de mk1 and the mk2 i think that the price difference is big enough for me to justify going with the mk1... there's just not too much going for the mk2 other than the aptx... however, i currently don't have aptx devices and i have no clue how to force aptx on a tablet or laptop... (i've been looking, trust me, i have been looking).

however, i am curious if someone knows how i can force usage of aac instead of sbc.... anyone have a clue on this?

also... maybe with some luck you can relatively cheaply switch the circuit board of the mk1 and the mk2

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #25 of 35
Honestly, I work at Best Buy, I bought the 10RBT over the 1RBT although with my discount their prices aren't much different (Sony marked the 1RBT up a lot more). I bought the 10R over the 1R because of the design primarily, and the sound signature was not significantly worse, I mean after all it's bluetooth anyways so it's not like we're getting GOD LIKE sound anyways. In comparison to the 1R i'd say the 10R doesn't sound as.. straight forward. The vocals sound a bit recessed at first but once you wear em for a while it gets a lot better. They are a lot lighter, and I believe the design is a lot nicer too. The layout and the buttons are easy to use, and to remember. Now in terms of lightness and comfort they are nowhere near as light or comfy as the Bose AE2W but I personally believe Bose is the kings of comfort under $300. That's just my take on the 10RBT, I like them so far I have my video review coming soon for now check out the Unboxing if you want! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj99pO8UGso&feature=c4-overview&list=UURTsfRgAVwEIKznuDVhBSFA

Feb 14, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #27 of 35
  For those interested, Best Buy has the 10RBT on sale now for $149.99.  On my way to pick one up.  :)

I am a new member, and I just want to say that this thread was RIGHT ON THE MONEY for me. Going for my first set of real headphones, and wanted bluetooth one too. I was on to some Sony MDR6500, come to find out they are wireless, but not bluetooth. Did more research and came up with these two Sonys. From reading this thread several times, I am went with the MDR-10RBT. Also that tip that Bestbuy has them on sale for $149.95 was a big help too. I called and they have a pair waiting for me..

Big props to the OP and the contributes to this thread. It was a big, big help.. 
beerchug.gif

Feb 15, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #28 of 35
Hey guys, new to the forum as well and have been on the hunt for a decent set of BT headphones. As a FYI BH Photo has the MDR-10RBT for $148 til EOD today (checkout won't be available for another ~18.3 hrs though).

Not to take this thread too far OT, but for the benefit of those of us who may be cross shopping the MDR-10RBT vs other BT headphones, is there anyone here that has this and can compare the SQ to any of: Klipsch Image One BT, Bose AE2w or Mee's AF52?

Thx!,
Tim

Feb 23, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #29 of 35
  For those interested, Best Buy has the 10RBT on sale now for $149.99.  On my way to pick one up.  :)

If you picked up a pair at BB for the $149.95 (sale over now), You should have had them long enough to give your impression of them. :)

I am a novice, and these are my, say first quality headphones. But, I will give my little scenario. 
biggrin.gif

Even though I am a old cuss, and like fly looking things. :D With that said, I saw those Beats Studios and they knocked me down. I am talking TWICE
what the Sonys cost,  $379.95 + tax. So, I took the Sony's back with the anticiapation of paying the $400 for the Beats Studio Bluetooth.. However, after looking at several youtube reviews on the Beats,and then a listen too at BB, I backed off the Beats. Went to go back and get another set of Sonys of they are off sale.. :frowning2: I am really peed now..Getting ready to chunk out the full $199.99 to get another pair of Sonys, when the BB manager heard my story and seen my full gray hair (74), he gave them to me for the sale price of $149.95. Age does have its perks..
biggrin.gif

The Sony MDR 10rbt are keepers with me.Just ordered some Bludios which are getting better reviews than the Beats, to quench my need for flash.. Got a silver and red pair coming.. It seems like I am tuning in to a headphone person.. 
darthsmile.gif

Mar 14, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #30 of 35
Was just browsing HK's reconditioned section and noticed they have reconditioned BTs on sale for $97. Probably not quite as good as the Sony 10-RBTs, but from everything I've read they sound like a good deal. I had looked at them at one point when I was trying to decide if I wanted some BT headphones, but I couldn't find them at the price I wanted. New 10-RBTs are still on sale for $150, but could only find them in stock at B&H Photo; should be able to get them on backorder from the Sony store too.

http://www.harmanaudio.com/search_browse/product_detail.asp?urlMaterialNumber=HARKAR-BT-Z&status=

Users who are viewing this thread

Back