Looking for best price on monster miles Davis tribune earphones?
Jun 8, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #76 of 117

Quote:
The MD's are good and so are the Golds and Coppers. I may be in the minority here in that I don't find any of them superior to the others. I can see someone choosing the Golds out of the 3 or the Coppers or MD's if someone had to choose one.  It depends on your preference really.

It is a matter of choosing a preferred sonic signature.  These are 'fun' IEM's designed to entertain your ears, not flat/neutral IEMS which might be more 'accurate' and/or 'boring'.  With the proper burn-in, tip choice, and insertion they each do well with detail retrieval.  However, the Coppers are the fastest drivers if you listen to ridiculously quick speed/death metal.

Jun 8, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #77 of 117
They are still pretty accurate though. And neutral/flat, accuracy, transparency, etc do not equal boring. And fun earphones do not mean that they are not accurate either. There is much overlap that we are talking about here.

Jun 8, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #78 of 117
You guys are making me consider the Golds all over again.... I've yet to hear the coppers! But the reviews and comments I've read have told me that they are top notch... Such a good problem to have with all 3 of them being great in their own way...
I'd really like to hear more people's opinions on any of them!

Jun 8, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #79 of 117

Quote:
They are still pretty accurate though. And neutral/flat, accuracy, transparency, etc do not equal boring. And fun earphones do not mean that they are not accurate either. There is much overlap that we are talking about here.

Absolutely true, though certain phones (usually BA driven) that are flat often sound boring to my ears.  I think a flat, neutral, accurate and FUN phone is the exception and not the rule.

Jun 8, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #80 of 117

Quote:
You guys are making me consider the Golds all over again.... I've yet to hear the coppers! But the reviews and comments I've read have told me that they are top notch... Such a good problem to have with all 3 of them being great in their own way...
I'd really like to hear more people's opinions on any of them!

What did you want to get out of your phones again Jugger?

Jun 8, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #81 of 117
I find that Etymotic is fun. 
biggrin.gif

And Juggernaut, don't waste too much money buying universal earphones. One or 2 at most I'd say, if you want to keep buying, why not jump to custom? By the way, do you play Dota? cos' your name is the same as some hero there...

Jun 8, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #82 of 117
Ok recommend me some quality customs? I have no idea what they are so, smack this n00b with some knowledge will ya? lol!

Quote:
biggrin.gif

And Juggernaut, don't waste too much money buying universal earphones. One or 2 at most I'd say, if you want to keep buying, why not jump to custom? By the way, do you play Dota? cos' your name is the same as some hero there...

Jun 8, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #83 of 117
Well I tried the Golds and loved them.... Then I read the Miles Davis Tribute appreciation thread, and I was sold about 1/2 through the 40 or so pages...
I just want something that looks great, sounds exceptional, is comfortable, is unique, I love the fact that they're limited edition, that helps to my appeal... I have never considered "customs" nor do I really know what they are! LOL Audio n00b in the flesh!!
I not real good at using like audio-type terms and stuff so I really don't know how to explain what I'm looking to get out of the MD's without sounding like a n00000b!

Quote:
What did you want to get out of your phones again Jugger?

Jun 8, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #84 of 117

Quote:
biggrin.gif

Ety's (ER4) are fun, w/ half the frequency spectrum and I hardly think of them as neutral.

Quote:
Ok recommend me some quality customs? I have no idea what they are so, smack this n00b with some knowledge will ya? lol!

Livewires, Unique melody, JH13/JH16, ES5, JH3A, EM3Pro.  If you like dynamic drivers get some custom sleeves from ACS.  The world is your oyster.

Jun 8, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #85 of 117
Custom earphones are expensive, so unless you have like near 1K to splurge, better save up your money. Popular brand, for example JH audio, Earsonics, Ultimate Ear, Westone, Livewires, Unique Melody, ACS, etc etc. Quite a lot of companies.

Jun 8, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #86 of 117

Quote:
Custom earphones are expensive, so unless you have like near 1K to splurge, better save up your money. Popular brand, for example JH audio, Earsonics, Ultimate Ear, Westone, Livewires, Unique Melody, ACS, etc etc. Quite a lot of companies.

Get out of my head!! 
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 8, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #88 of 117

Quote:
Well I tried the Golds and loved them.... Then I read the Miles Davis Tribute appreciation thread, and I was sold about 1/2 through the 40 or so pages...
I just want something that looks great, sounds exceptional, is comfortable, is unique, I love the fact that they're limited edition, that helps to my appeal... I have never considered "customs" nor do I really know what they are! LOL Audio n00b in the flesh!!
I not real good at using like audio-type terms and stuff so I really don't know how to explain what I'm looking to get out of the MD's without sounding like a n00000b!

Well if looks, uniqueness, and all that matter then I think the MD's are for you.  If you loved the Golds I do think you will like the MD's even more on top of giving you all those things that aren't related to sound.  Plus that great warranty.  Maybe this will push you over the edge, my MD's are serial# M0451!  Lol.  
wink_face.gif

Jun 8, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #90 of 117

Quote:

Well if looks, uniqueness, and all that matter then I think the MD's are for you.  If you loved the Golds I do think you will like the MD's even more on top of giving you all those things that aren't related to sound.  Plus that great warranty.  Maybe this will push you over the edge, my MD's are serial# M0451!  Lol.  
wink_face.gif

Where is the serial number located??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back