Looking for best price on monster miles Davis tribune earphones?
Jun 7, 2010 at 8:44 AM Post #61 of 117

Quote:
I have a question with one calls return policy , if I buy new in box, and open the headphone and want to return for a refund within the 30 day period is this possible? It's not very clear on their website...

does anyone know what there policy on returns is for new products that have been opened?

Jun 7, 2010 at 8:46 AM Post #62 of 117

Quote:
If you break them a second time you sol but if it's hardware failure then I would assume it's covered... Someone confirm this

Yes, the one time replacement is if you break them, even the most horrid abuse, actual failure of the phones remains intact.  So if one bud stops working, you still have a warranty, even if you have used your one time "your dog ate the wires replacement"  the normal failure stuff continues to be covered.

Jun 7, 2010 at 9:05 AM Post #63 of 117

Yes, the one time replacement is if you break them, even the most horrid abuse, actual failure of the phones remains intact.  So if one bud stops working, you still have a warranty, even if you have used your one time "your dog ate the wires replacement"  the normal failure stuff continues to be covered.

Much more eloquently put, but yea that's what I meant.

I seriously do not see how someone can have issue with this return policy.. But hey to each his own...

I'm still waiting a return email from onecall regarding the monster pro turbine coppers I did my price of 200 so heres to ( the dim ) hope all goes well..... I did mention that I just purchased the miles for 320 so hopefully they cut me some slack!

Jun 7, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #65 of 117

Quote:
does anyone know what there policy on returns is for new products that have been opened?

Onecall has a normal restocking fee, however, you can negotiate that to where they will waive it.
On the phone, ask for email confirmation of the waive of restocking fee.

Jun 8, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #67 of 117

Onecall has a normal restocking fee, however, you can negotiate that to where they will waive it.
On the phone, ask for email confirmation of the waive of restocking fee.

Thanks for the response , I was wondering the same thing as well... Just in case.
Do you recommend using pink noise to burn in the md's or should I just go through my whole album collection?

Jun 8, 2010 at 8:36 AM Post #68 of 117

Much more eloquently put, but yea that's what I meant.

I seriously do not see how someone can have issue with this return policy.. But hey to each his own...

I'm still waiting a return email from onecall regarding the monster pro turbine coppers I did my price of 200 so heres to ( the dim ) hope all goes well..... I did mention that I just purchased the miles for 320 so hopefully they cut me some slack!

Just to give an update, the my price that came back for a brand new set of coppers came back at 255, so they're 5 more dollars than a few days ago... I'm sure if you called you could get that lowered a bit, but that's pretty much the deal... Just an update, for anyone who might read this and be considering the coppers..

Jun 8, 2010 at 9:11 AM Post #69 of 117

Quote:
Thanks for the response , I was wondering the same thing as well... Just in case.
Do you recommend using pink noise to burn in the md's or should I just go through my whole album collection?

My personal choice is to just play music, and listen if you wish. I don't bother with anything other than playing muic on them.  That's just my way though. 

Jun 8, 2010 at 9:29 AM Post #70 of 117

My personal choice is to just play music, and listen if you wish. I don't bother with anything other than playing muic on them.  That's just my way though. 

Sounds like the most natural way, I think I'll subscribe to that myself !

Jun 8, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #71 of 117
I am getting my MDs any minute now and was just curious for those of you who do subscribe to burn in... what do you recomend using as burn in music. I had downloaded a whole bunch of things from pink noise to white noise to high frequency sounds to a heavy drum to burn in my Klipsch headphones, and I was wondering - does it matter what I used for burn in sound?

How will this affect the sound of the headphones (ie will pinknoise burn in lead to a sound change differently than just playing my regular music library on random)? If so, how?

What do you recommend using for burning in the MDs?

Jun 8, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #72 of 117
^^^^^^^
The entire concept of burn in is a hotly debated issue. I won't bother to explain how pink noise and the likes got involved in burn in, except to say, it's hardly new.  If using music, if listening or just letting them play, my suggestion is a very wide variety of music genres. That are focused in all the different ranges of sound, from deep bass to upper treble. Burning in at louder volumes (if you feel the need), should be done only after they have been run in for a while.

This is all just my opinion, opinions vary. I have had good results with my methods.

Jun 8, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #74 of 117

Quote:
^^^^^^^
The entire concept of burn in is a hotly debated issue. I won't bother to explain how pink noise and the likes got involved in burn in, except to say, it's hardly new.  If using music, if listening or just letting them play, my suggestion is a very wide variety of music genres. That are focused in all the different ranges of sound, from deep bass to upper treble. Burning in at louder volumes (if you feel the need), should be done only after they have been run in for a while.

This is all just my opinion, opinions vary. I have had good results with my methods.

Sound advise man! Will follow your lead!

@ d0nk
Your very lucky to be getting your MD's today... Mine come tomorrow! I'm going to do a unboxing video and a small review for youtube... there are zero on youtube...

Hey search, what are your opinions on the MD's??? How would you compare them to the Golds??? Coppers??? Thanks m8

Jun 8, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #75 of 117
The MD's are good and so are the Golds and Coppers. I may be in the minority here in that I don't find any of them superior to the others. I can see someone choosing the Golds out of the 3 or the Coppers or MD's if someone had to choose one.  It depends on your preference really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back