Looking for best price on monster miles Davis tribune earphones?
Jun 7, 2010 at 2:44 AM Post #46 of 117

Quote:
Rgr that! Already Pm'd... is there any certain way that you think I should burn in the Miles davis to have it done the right way???

Definitely read dweaver's thread so you can read his and my experiences burning in our Monsters.  

Jun 7, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #47 of 117
Just don't freak yourself up just because of burn in. Take what other people say with a grain of salt, until you have heard it for yourself, and make a decision based on what you hear. Burn in, if you believe it, will make subtle changes, but those changes are not significant enough to warrant a huge improvement in sound quality. Then again, some people will gladly think otherwise.

Jun 7, 2010 at 3:05 AM Post #48 of 117

Quote:
Just don't freak yourself up just because of burn in. Take what other people say with a grain of salt, until you have heard it for yourself, and make a decision based on what you hear. Burn in, if you believe it, will make subtle changes, but those changes are not significant enough to warrant a huge improvement in sound quality. Then again, some people will gladly think otherwise.

Yes, those of us that have a lot of experience comparing speakers out of the box versus burned in do gladly think otherwise.  In most cases it can be subtle and in some cases quite drastic in change.  But I'm sure thats just my mental burn-in and psychoacoustics talking.  These are not the droids you are looking for....

But yes, don't get freaked out.  Be more worried about playing a poor source that will clip and distort at high volumes that will damage your drivers.

Jun 7, 2010 at 3:25 AM Post #49 of 117

Quote:
Yes, those of us that have a lot of experience comparing speakers out of the box versus burned in do gladly think otherwise.  In most cases it can be subtle and in some cases quite drastic in change.  But I'm sure thats just my mental burn-in and psychoacoustics talking.  These are not the droids you are looking for....

But yes, don't get freaked out.  Be more worried about playing a poor source that will clip and distort at high volumes that will damage your drivers.

Or damage your eardrums...

Jun 7, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #50 of 117

Quote:
Isn’t that like buying a Kia with a lifetime drive train warranty instead of a Porsche?

Well..........let's see, with westone, you have to mail in a card just to get the second year of warranty.
Porsche.. maintenance nightmare, and Monster is not Kia. I have never had a problem with monster warranty service, no matter the product. The warranty is standard self protection. So what is your concern? I never really looked for a troll clause. But maybe you should read the fine print.
And that is not the warranty that is written on the Turbine Pro or MD series. You see, I can debate you,
and am much better armed, since I own every product you've attempted to diss so far.
Westone is a good outfit. I doubt they would approve of your lame babble. You will be banned, have no doubt, I may share your fate, but you are a disease. Sorry Mr. Smith, you lose in the end.
I like you man, you're tough, engaging in a battle of wit, yet unarmed.

Jun 7, 2010 at 5:50 AM Post #51 of 117
@ search

Good job man... That was a great read... That guy doesn' t belong at such a cool site as this...

Ok someone help me out... What's a better deal, miles Davis for 320 or copper for 200-250 new in box both?

Oh and I'm playing these from my iPad and iPhone 3GS unamped...

Jun 7, 2010 at 6:26 AM Post #52 of 117

Quote:
@ search

Good job man... That was a great read... That guy doesn' t belong at such a cool site as this...

Ok someone help me out... What's a better deal, miles Davis for 320 or copper for 200-250 new in box both?

Oh and I'm playing these from my iPad and iPhone 3GS unamped...

That depends on your taste and preference. The MD's have a little slower and slightly heavier bass than the coppers. The mids also stand out more on the MD's and Finally The Coppers have a little more treble extension. They are both suitable for most genres. They both have strengths and weaknesses, I have let countless people listen to both. And the preference of all told many dozens of people, it's roughly equal which is preferred.

If you can get the Coppers for 100 dollars less. I would choose them.
Unless the limited edition thing and the Miles Davis have any draw for you. I slightly prefer the MD's over the Copper, but that's me. But I can't say I'd pay 100 dollars more for the MD's, I jumped on the early deals, and paid 260 for the MD's 215 for The Coppers. I must admit the MD's extras are kind of cool.
Any reason the Golds don't interest you?  If bass is your thing they deliver. They are to my ears not quite up to the MD's or Coppers, but some favored them.  They really do pound out deep powerful bass.

But your question of which is the better deal? That is not a call for anyone but you. Either way, a lifetime warranty. The MD's will be gone at some point.  Have you called J&R to make sure they won't go lower. I'm not sure if you're price is a onecall price or not. But I'm hearing that's what onecall is going down to in price. (320) If you call J&R and badger them, you may save some cash. Don't be shy, I called them repeatedly until I finally got what I wanted. Best to call afternoon, about 5 or so, the busier they are the faster they want to make a sale and move on. If the sales rep won't budge, call right back and ask again.
I will pm you an ext# I've had good luck getting this rep to budge, if he's in it's worth a shot.

Jun 7, 2010 at 6:55 AM Post #53 of 117
Well thanks for the information and the extension, I will place a call shortly to find out... I already pulled the trigger on the md for 320.... Now kinda regreting it simply because of the high costs.... I've already owned the golds and the bass was a bit too much for my taste, I'm more of a detail crisp clear kind of guy... I do welcome well balanced bass but I'm not looking to have it dominate and with the golds I was experiencing that at times... Still do agree that the golds are a quality product... By all means I have full respect for it because up to that point it was the best iem that I ever used, so it took my virginity in a audiophile sense! I'm going to keep the miles Davis no matter what because I've had a crush on them now for over 2 weeks, and I do know that they are a quality iem... However I have been recently attracted to the coppers, after reading many reviews on here and then hearing some of the prices it's hard to ignore.... I'm going to call j&r this afternoon as you said to find out if I can grab the coppers for 200-250.
It was very hard for me to to let my golds go, but I purchased them from amazon from a seller called sari warehouse, and having found out that they were not covered under warranty I decided to send them back and buy the Miles Davis from onecall.com since they offered me the best price... Relative to all the sources I checked...

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:05 AM Post #55 of 117

Quote:
Well thanks for the information and the extension, I will place a call shortly to find out... I already pulled the trigger on the md for 320.... Now kinda regreting it simply because of the high costs.... I've already owned the golds and the bass was a bit too much for my taste, I'm more of a detail crisp clear kind of guy... I do welcome well balanced bass but I'm not looking to have it dominate and with the golds I was experiencing that at times... Still do agree that the golds are a quality product... By all means I have full respect for it because up to that point it was the best iem that I ever used, so it took my virginity in a audiophile sense! I'm going to keep the miles Davis no matter what because I've had a crush on them now for over 2 weeks, and I do know that they are a quality iem... However I have been recently attracted to the coppers, after reading many reviews on here and then hearing some of the prices it's hard to ignore.... I'm going to call j&r this afternoon as you said to find out if I can grab the coppers for 200-250.
It was very hard for me to to let my golds go, but I purchased them from amazon from a seller called sari warehouse, and having found out that they were not covered under warranty I decided to send them back and buy the Miles Davis from onecall.com since they offered me the best price... Relative to all the sources I checked...

I dont think the golds have too much bass. It is just a bit stronger than the rest of the frequencies. I have tips coming from different brands and changing them solved that problem. Try using the tips that looks like the klipsch s4 tips. The playaz audio or xears line come with those kind of similar tips if i remember. And do those md's sure look good with blue cables and exotic design. I just dont think it is a big step up from my golds. It might suit other kinds of music better but definitely not all. hope this helps

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:09 AM Post #56 of 117

Quote:
I just made the purchase for the Monster Miles Davis... I'm getting them on Wednesday... did the onecall thing...
I was nearly tempted to go for the westone 3's but Monster's lifetime warranty was the tide shifter...

I just want to say, I am totally confused on the warranty... I know it is if you break it, and it was not to do with the headphones fault (or if it is) they will replace it. BUT what happens if they break again? Do they get replaced? Or are you SOL?

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:17 AM Post #57 of 117
If you break them a second time you sol but if it's hardware failure then I would assume it's covered... Someone confirm this

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:20 AM Post #58 of 117
I have a question with one calls return policy , if I buy new in box, and open the headphone and want to return for a refund within the 30 day period is this possible? It's not very clear on their website...

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:36 AM Post #59 of 117

I dont think the golds have too much bass. It is just a bit stronger than the rest of the frequencies. I have tips coming from different brands and changing them solved that problem. Try using the tips that looks like the klipsch s4 tips. The playaz audio or xears line come with those kind of similar tips if i remember. And do those md's sure look good with blue cables and exotic design. I just dont think it is a big step up from my golds. It might suit other kinds of music better but definitely not all. hope this helps

I tried all the tips that came with the golds and got pretty much the same results, I achieved a a good seal with each tip that fit....
Now as for the Miles Davis not being much of a step up from the golds, as per what I've read here in the forums is not accurate... I will be able to test for myself here shortly later this week, but I have to say that the golds are no slouch... I would grab them any day at the right price...

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:42 AM Post #60 of 117

Quote:
I tried all the tips that came with the golds and got pretty much the same results, I achieved a a good seal with each tip that fit....
Now as for the Miles Davis not being much of a step up from the golds, as per what I've read here in the forums is not accurate... I will be able to test for myself here shortly later this week, but I have to say that the golds are no slouch... I would grab them any day at the right price...

avoid retail prices. got mine for $200 shipped brand new and never regreted the purchase until this very day. looking forward to your impressions on the md

Users who are viewing this thread

Back