Looking for an upgrade
Dec 31, 2010 at 1:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Bonobo

Head-Fier
Hello all,

I'm looking to upgrade my Klipsch S4 for use with my Sony X1060.  I had a look at the large thread '130 iem's compared'. But the choice is overwhelming, I still need some advice.

First I have to say which music I generally listen to. Lately I've been into sounds like 'Bonobo' (since I heard the album 'Black Sands', definitely worth a listen if you never heard of it!), Royksopp, Daft Punk, Kruder & Dorfmeister, Caribou etc, but not exclusively this kind of music. The list goes from this to Kings of Leon to Pearl Jam to Queen and so on. So quite different music I like, except heavy metal.
The Klipsch S4 are actually not bad at all for this electronic music, maybe too bassy sometimes for some genres? Can't really compare as this is my first 'real' iem, except for some creative ep630 I also have. But I want to go higher end as I see in the big comparison thread there's still much room for improvement.

Judging from the reviews i've read, I have a liking for the Radius DDM. But don't like the 'bad' fit and isolation at all, though the main use will be at home. Also had a look, at first, at the Panasonic hje900 and Klipsch Custom 3. q-Jays are looking good to, but I'm afraid that's a stretch for the budget I want to give.

FischerAudio DBA-02 were also on my shortlist, but at the bottom of the list since I'm afraid those lack in bass for my liking.

So it's really difficult, but does anyone have to add or have other suggestions/comments?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back