Looking for an IEM for daily use.
Jul 25, 2020 at 5:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Deolum

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello,

i'm looking for a IEM which i can use daily.

-It should be max. 200€
-available in Europe
-mainstream tuning with good amounts of bass
-suitable for sports, sweat and clubbing

I'm thinking about the sure 215 because of it's build quality and mainstream tuning. Usually i dislike the higher sure models but i heard the 215 is more popular. Any other thought?

Jul 27, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #2 of 25
I have the 215s which I use only for air travel. I think they're fine for the money but if you ask in the IEM forum you will have to choose among a few thousand ChiFi products which are probably better in some way and cost less.

The Shures have a huge number of tips available from them and the aftermarket, they use MMCX cables which are easy and cheap to buy in balanced and SE, they have good isolation which is why I bought mine since I fly 12 times a year normally but not this year. They fit securely and don't fall out. I hate the stock cables because of the memory wire but some people like them.

Jul 27, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #3 of 25
Hello,

-It should be max. 200€
-available in Europe

I'm thinking about the sure 215 because of it's build quality and mainstream tuning. Usually i dislike the higher sure models but i heard the 215 is more popular. Any other thought?
The iBasso IT00 is all the rage right now. The tuning seems very similar to the Shure 215 special edition.

-It should be max. 200€ - check
-available in Europe - check
-mainstream tuning with good amounts of bass - check
-suitable for sports, sweat and clubbing - this is what I’m not sure about

Jul 28, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #4 of 25
I ordered the Nura Nuraloop

Looks like all in one.

Cable and wireless
Sound can be adjusted for you
Sweat proof

If the sound is good enough i maybe sell my ProPhile8 for it which sounds great but is uncomfortable for me.

Jul 30, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #6 of 25
Hello,

-It should be max. 200€
-available in Europe

I gotta say the SE215 is not competitive in pricing or sound quality in 2020. I got rid of my SE215, compared to some modern day CHIFI IEMs, the latter give better sound at a fraction of the price.

I think u can read about DUNU DM-480, IBasso IT100, Urbanfun YBF ISS014 (though it is a crapshoot for QC issues), KBEAR Diamond, KZ ZS10 Pro, TRN V90.

Good luck in your search!

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #7 of 25
The nura stuff is mostly a marketing scheme from what I heard / read but I might be wrong :)
I returned it. How foolish was i that i thought i could replace a prophile 8 with that thing lol. The sound was too bad for daily use for me and the device was clearly headed for bluetooth which made the analogue cable only the second choice.

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #8 of 25
Most audiophile IEMs aren't rated for sweat and water resistance. If you really need something for sports and clubbing(?) then you should probably get a pair of TWS. Who wants to wear wires in those situations anyways?

Jul 30, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #9 of 25
Most audiophile IEMs aren't rated for sweat and water resistance. If you really need something for sports and clubbing(?) then you should probably get a pair of TWS. Who wants to wear wires in those situations anyways?
If most audiophile IEMs were rated for sweat and water i wouldn't search for one that is here.

Don't you guys listen to music on your way from the club home? 5 am. , tired, next train comes in 40 min, you still have the beats of the club in your head and are half drunk. Perfect time for pulling out some good IEMs and enjoy some music. But in those situation i neither want to pull out some 1k IEMs nor some not charged wireless IEMs or a voice in my head that says "bluetooth connection failed". Just a good pair of neutral, comfortable und well built IEMs i can stuff in my pocket.

Jul 30, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #10 of 25
Hello,

-It should be max. 200€
-available in Europe

If most audiophile IEMs were rated for sweat and water i wouldn't search for one that is here.

Don't you guys listen to music on your way from the club home? 5 am. , tired, next train comes in 40 min, you still have the beats of the club in your head and are half drunk. Perfect time for pulling out some good IEMs and enjoy some music. But in those situation i neither want to pull out some 1k IEMs nor some not charged wireless IEMs or a voice in my head that says "bluetooth connection failed". Just a good pair of neutral, comfortable und well built IEMs i can stuff in my pocket.

If you go for Shure se215's, the Special Edition model may be the one you want.

I had the original se215's and they were a warm, darker, smooth sound signature iirc.

But given the recent reviews, I'd recommend the IT00. I'm tempted by it, I haven't heard it personally.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #11 of 25
Gotcha. Fair enough. I've had some late nights waiting 45 minutes for public transport and a pair of IEMs have come in handy. Still I'd rather have a pair of TWS IEMs these days when out in public. The USA is still a Covid hotspot, so the fewer things that could get snagged or cause me to touch unnecessary things in public is the goal these days.

And at least in my case, a TWS IEM in a smaller case is not that uncomfortable to carry around. But to your point, if all you're looking for is a solid, high-quality, beater IEM, the IT00 seems to be the current hype beneficiary. I just ordered a set from iBasso. I'm hoping it's something that truly can replace the BL03 in terms of sound quality. Fwiw, I've only heard the Shure SE215 and was not impressed. No idea if the 215se is markedly different.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #12 of 25
Tested the Sennheiser IE400 Pro and seems like it's the right. Bass is crazy, it's comfy, showes me how much i missed the DD. BA bass ist just not the same. Sweat resistance... well, at least i can change the cable.

Aug 1, 2020 at 6:15 AM Post #13 of 25
The iBasso IT00 is all the rage right now. The tuning seems very similar to the Shure 215 special edition.

-It should be max. 200€ - check
-available in Europe - check
-mainstream tuning with good amounts of bass - check
-suitable for sports, sweat and clubbing - this is what I’m not sure about
Available at amp3 in the uk.

Aug 1, 2020 at 7:06 AM Post #14 of 25
Tested the Sennheiser IE400 Pro and seems like it's the right. Bass is crazy, it's comfy, showes me how much i missed the DD. BA bass ist just not the same. Sweat resistance... well, at least i can change the cable.

agree DD bass best

for u i recommend ER2XR

price is 139 on amazon UK
DD bass, durable and essentially sweat resist (i hve ER4XR for 4 yrs used it for exercise sleeping etc and they still work no issues - had shure se215s, sweat corroded the MMCX connector, and they sounded like wet carpet)

onyl issue with er2XR for u might be fitment (cable over ear is best, but takes some fiddling, quick after practice tho), and comfort takes getting used to (about 2 week adjustment period due to deep insert of tip) but after they r very hard to beat

good luk

Aug 1, 2020 at 8:48 AM Post #15 of 25
agree DD bass best

for u i recommend ER2XR

price is 139 on amazon UK
DD bass, durable and essentially sweat resist (i hve ER4XR for 4 yrs used it for exercise sleeping etc and they still work no issues - had shure se215s, sweat corroded the MMCX connector, and they sounded like wet carpet)

onyl issue with er2XR for u might be fitment (cable over ear is best, but takes some fiddling, quick after practice tho), and comfort takes getting used to (about 2 week adjustment period due to deep insert of tip) but after they r very hard to beat

good luk

I'll try that. Pretty easy to get here. Is it comfortable for sleeping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back