looking for an entry level DAC/DAP
Jan 25, 2020 at 1:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

PercyGFX

New Head-Fier
currently, i'm listening to music using Hidizs s1 + Zishan Z1 combo and they are sound okay but I need to upgrade it.

I don't have any higher impedance headphones so amp power won't be a problem for me. also most of the time the DAC will be connected to my pc as a USB DAC so i don't care about the portability.

my budget is about 100$ and currently, I'm interested with Fiio m5, Fiio K3, Fiio Q1 Mark 2, shanling m0.

mostly I'm listening to Electronic music. so sound needs to be "punchy" or "energetic" and I'm a little bit treble sensitive person.

please mention if you have any other recommendations .i only can use Aliexpress to purchase goods that's the most important thing (i can't use ebay or amazon)

Jan 25, 2020 at 6:21 AM Post #4 of 4
someone said that k3, and q1 mark 2 has a neutral/flat sound signature. is that true?
I don’t know about true or false.
I can only give you my impressions.

the K3 is quit flat, but not boring. I remember it having a little focus on the vocals. And it have bass boost, so if you think you need more bass, switch the boost on.

Now, I don’t know what headphones you have?

also, if you step up a tiny bit, then maybe the Topping NX4 DSD could be for you? More power, more fun :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back