Looking for Amp to pair with AKG 340
Sep 21, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #31 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wheatfield points - rare, classic, tweaked by Nate

I don't think the Darkvoice should get a point simply because of its name. You can call the Wheatfield whatever you'd like once you get it.
biggrin.gif

True enough, but I think Wheatfield is one of the coolest names in amps evar. Come on. Wheatfield?

Sep 21, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #32 of 35
get a Woo Audio 3 (or 3+), great amp with the K340 (at least with the bass-heavy K340). And you will end up with some spare cash to eat (or to buy extra tubes
evil_smiley.gif
).

Sep 21, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by a1rocketpilot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually like the sound of my HA-2 MKII SE with the K340. However, for me, I get the best sound running off the 120 ohm output. The sound signature becomes warmer with more body to the lower end without sounding flabby or a loss of detail elsewhere.

same thing happens with the Meier Opera, but that's way over budget.

Sep 22, 2007 at 8:49 AM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by a1rocketpilot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually like the sound of my HA-2 MKII SE with the K340. However, for me, I get the best sound running off the 120 ohm output. The sound signature becomes warmer with more body to the lower end without sounding flabby or a loss of detail elsewhere. You should be able to pick one up for the $500 range with enough looking.

Aditya

Hi Aditya

For me K340 sounds best run by 0 ohm output. The 120 ohm output seems to mess up my soundstage and attack as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back