Looking for a USB DAC for HD580/DT770Pro
Jun 24, 2011 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

MalVeauX

Headphoneus Supremus
Heya,

Looking to see if I can get some information here. I have a Vivid V1 Tech portable DAC/AMP that I use usually. I'm acquiring a Little Dot MKIII amp to help power my HD580's and future higher impedance headphones. I use my V1 as my portable setup with my Beyer DT770 Pro 80's. Love that setup when I'm out and about. At home, I use the HD580's as my mains. I usually have them receiving sound via my Auzentech Forte (DAC) which I received for free (yay!). I like the sound of my V1. I'm thinking of ditching the soundcard and going to USB completely because I like being able to move the setup to another machine (PC). That and I cannot put a soundcard in a netbook/laptop. So I'm looking at USB options that will have good quality, but I don't need a DAC that costs more than my headphones for example.

Anyone with a Little Dot MKIII amp? I'd like to know what DAC's (USB) you guys are using.

I'm looking to do something like PC/Netbook/Laptop -> USB -> DAC (Need) -> Little Dot MKIII -> Sennheiser HD580 (and sometimes DT 770 Pro).

Don't really have a budget in mind. I saw the FiiO F3 and figured it's way too good to be true that a $30 DAC would be suitable for a setup like the LDMK3 and HD580's. But maybe I'm wrong. I haven't heard the thing.

Suggestions?

Very best,

Jun 25, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #2 of 3
You can increase your budget a bit and grab a FiiO E7.  It has a dock amp E9, which can power low sensitivity / high impedance phones quite well.  They will also release a dock-able DAP (X3) in a month or two to dock into the E9 for a self contained audio set-up.

Jun 25, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
You can increase your budget a bit and grab a FiiO E7.  It has a dock amp E9, which can power low sensitivity / high impedance phones quite well.  They will also release a dock-able DAP (X3) in a month or two to dock into the E9 for a self contained audio set-up.

Heya,

As mentioned, I already have a Vivid V1 Tech DAC/AMP, which is equivalent to the E7. I don't need another portable amp. I'm looking for information on a USB DAC to feed a Little Dot MKIII Amp.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back