Looking for a recommendation as to what is best to do! (T70/HD650/Amp)
Aug 20, 2011 at 10:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kyledotroberts

New Head-Fier
Hi,

So I've got some spare budget and I've been thinking about possibly upgrading some of my audio at home...

Currently I've a pair of DT1350's (amazing headphones for SQ, but a little uncomfortable for constant wear, especially since i seem to have largeish ears!)

A pair of Sennheiser HD555's that are held together with tape that I've had for at least 7 or 8 years?

I always used to use them but find myself actually preferring my DT1350's for sound quality, the HD555's seem more distant I suppose is the way to describe it?

And finally I've a practical devices XM6 portable amp which i use along with the DT1350's at work and travelling about.

So my question really is if I could just get the one thing, what would people recommend...

A) Sennheiser HD650's and pair them with my XM6
B) Wait for the new Beyerdynamic T70's and then pair with the XM6
C) Keep the DT's/555's and look to getting a newer desktop amp (around the price range of the HD650's)

I know this choice may differ from person to person as do their tastes but any advice is very welcome!

I mainly listen to alternative/progressive rock, sometimes a bit of vocal trance/classical piano

Cheers :D

Edit: Not looked much into the DT880 or DT990 (since the 990 is open, suppose this is more of a match to the HD650's?) - not sure if anyone would recommend either of these over the HD650's?

Aug 20, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #2 of 3
The Sennheiser HD650 need serious Amplification to sound it's best and they sound good out of XM6 but T70(250 Ohm) will be better pick because it's easy on ears for long listening sessions and easy to drive through XM6. I will recommend to try Grado headphones for these genres music and they sound amazing with AMPs help. Sony SA5000 are also very highend headphones and now available for low price and they sound amazingly detailed. BTW could you describe your budget and these headphones are for home or portable use?.

Aug 20, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #3 of 3
Decided on DT880's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back