Looking for a PMP that will play FLAC as well as .avi files on a mac??
Sep 28, 2010 at 10:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Kickstand

New Head-Fier
Well I am looking for a new mp3 player and have gotten myself into a dilemma. I am looking for something that will play FLAC files without an issue, be able to play most any type of movie format I throw at it (mostly .mp4 and .avi) without having to convert it to something else. AND play nice with my imac. Something with at least 32gb of space is also a requirement. 

The top three current contenders are the Zune HD, Ipod touch 4th gen, and the Cowon J3. Now its my understanding that I can't play FLAC files with the 4th gen touch as itunes doesn't natively support it. And neither does the Zune HD. So that leaves me with the Cowon J3, however I have read a lot of reports of people bricking their J3s by using them with a mac based computer, and that is something I don't want to run in to. So I ask for your guys' help. Is there something else out there that I am not aware of? If so will it meet my criteria?

Edit: also trying to keep the price under $300 american

Sep 29, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #4 of 7
http://www.zodttd.com/wiki/index.php/Vlc4iphone try that... if it doesn't work I'm not sure.
frown.gif

Oct 1, 2010 at 3:46 AM Post #7 of 7
Found a Flac player =) its called Buzz player / Buzz player HD (ipad)
nothing fancy , no eq , no album art , etc.... just plays file.
still it plays alot of codecs for i devices, check it out. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back