Looking for a new iem in the US$150-200 price range
Nov 25, 2016 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ads1107

100+ Head-Fier
Created a thread for this but in case anyone doesn't see it

Looking for a new iem in the US$150-200 price range.

I prefer a warmer signature. Listen mostly to electronic, alternative/indie rock.

Comfort is important as they will be used for extended listening sessions when travelling etc.

Hoping to get a good deal in the black Friday sales

Cheers

Nov 25, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #2 of 8

I prefer a warmer signature. Listen mostly to electronic, alternative/indie rock.

Comfort is important as they will be used for extended listening sessions when travelling etc.

Cheers

Like I said earlier:

Beats by Dr. Dre Beats Tour 2.0 In-Ear Headphones for $50 on (usually $100-130 everywhere)

I have $1400-2200 IEMs from JH Audio, so when I say I bought these without much forethought you know the sound quality to price ration is very good. Yeah, for the most part 95% of Beats headphones suck, but I actually had these for 2 years a few years back before they broke and I was pretty satisfied with the audio quality they pumped out (edit: although as of this morning, they seem to be working again after I pressed hard on the outside of the left earphone). I will be riding the bus to work all year long shortly, and you'd be hard pressed to beat these at $50 for the sound quality (especially when you'd rather not lose earphones in the thousands of dollars!)

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/dealZone.jsp?sku=1293835-REG&utm_medium=Email%201631596&utm_campaign=DealZone&utm_source=112516%20161124&utm_content=Retail&utm_term=deal-3

I've actually been listening to the pair from 3 years ago all day today even though the Roxanne's have been sitting 2 feet away, and even though I know they're better, honestly these are very fun to listen to.

If not, just opt for the SE215 special editions (blue or white) since they sound better than the standard black/clear SE215 and have an over the ear configuration if you find those more comfortable.

Nov 25, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #3 of 8

Cheers

NuForce HEM2 for $130 on Amazon

You're welcome 
wink_face.gif

Nov 25, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #4 of 8
@svk7
Thanks,think I'll steer clear of the Dr Dee's for now. Will check out the shures, cheers

@nmatheis
Thanks for the suggestion. No shipping to Australia though

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #6 of 8
@svk7
Thanks,think I'll steer clear of the Dr Dee's for now. Will check out the shures, cheers

@nmatheis
Thanks for the suggestion. No shipping to Australia though

idk if they ship to Aus but Sonic have a 20% off code for Fender IEMs... never heard them but seen some positive impressions and if they are anything like the old Aurisonics IEM before the acquisition, should be fairly warmish bass/mids focused. They probably have the NuForce IEMS twister recommended for sale too, those things go on sale pretty often.

Not really a warm-leaning person, but for that sound I like Carbo Tenore, probably no BF deals but it's only $35 usd anyway, it's small and that leaves plenty of budget for foam tips :p (or if there is a cache of the discontinued Aurisonics Rockets hidden somewhere down under, those are terrific as well).

Didn't care for them myself, but Sennheiser IE80 is 175ish on amazon too.

Really depends on what you mean by warm I guess...

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #7 of 8
Split this to a new thread. @ads1107 Please do not hijack threads with off-topic questions. Thanks. 

Nov 27, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #8 of 8
MEE p1 or the dunu dn 1000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back